Need help with 1995 Mercedies E300 Diesel

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I need to get the injectors pulled to have them checked as it is not running right.

The problem that I am having is I dont have a socket that fits down to the injector and is big enough for the injector itself.

In the research that I have been doing it is is a MB 606, 6cyl non turbo. and the injector socked that I need is a 22mm, so I bough one, had it shipped in:

You must be registered for see images

However it is too small for the injector,...

Here are some pics of the motor, injector and car itself:

So anyone know what I need to get these out? Any input is appreciated as I need to get it running right before I can put it up for sale. and this thing is an awfully nice car so hope to get it running soon.

thanks,..

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
NEVERMIND!!

My Mechanic Bob got it figured out, You have to sort of "force" the socket over the top of the injector, and it goes on as it is supposed to. I just was just being too easy on it,..

,......off to remove injectors,...

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad you got it figured out! ;Sweet I was just about to ask if the socket was actually a 22mm...maybe it's just the angle of the picture, but it almost looks too small!

That is a nice looking car...I imagine it'll sell quickly. Best of luck with her ;Sweet