Need help starting issue 93"n/a

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So over a week ago I replaced the starter brand new an two batteries since Tuesday truck has been rough to start yesterday didn't want to start so I waited until after work to try again but a lil either it started both battieries are fully charged,this morning it was about 70f temp an truck didn't want to start it wanted to try n turn over/sounded super rough but a no go.

Oil is fill/fuel is full only thing I have not changed was fuel filter/air breather since both were changed out about 2.5 k miles ago.

I'm stumped n bout set the truck on fire

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What rpm are you turning when cranking? Does it turn over slower or quicker than when you replaced the starter?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's spinning over fast enough have you checked your glow plugs at all? Mine refused to start at 65 when my plugs weren't working. Lots of guys say you don't need them when it's warm but mine is cold blooded.

YJMike92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Were the batteries and starter replaced to repair this starting problem, or did the problem start when they were installed?

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Google: DB Electrical & get a fast starter for around $100. Use BIG10 for coupon if it will let you for 10% off. You will have it pretty quick. I keep 2 on hand. Make sure your cables are in good condition at the batteries and the block. Do not use the cheap clamp-on type battery connectors, they will cause their own problems.

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Were the batteries and starter replaced to repair this starting problem, or did the problem start when they were installed?

Replaced the starter when it brunt up replaced the batteries because they was about 3 yrs old n figured might as well.

The no turn over started just this week n has me confused

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's spinning over fast enough have you checked your glow plugs at all? Mine refused to start at 65 when my plugs weren't working. Lots of guys say you don't need them when it's warm but mine is cold blooded.

I plugged in the heater cord n the Gps are a little over 9 months old, wouldn't spin very fast at all

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What rpm are you turning when cranking? Does it turn over slower or quicker than when you replaced the starter?

It turned over fast n the rpm just doesn't move.much at all n I wait until the wot goes off. It makes a clunk sound as well like it would be out of fuel or air is in the line but I've only use the back tank n this is the first issue with that tank

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Purge all what needed to be rechecked the oil level on flat ground n it said I needed to add some but just yesterday it was full no visible oil on ground just a lil blowby like most times,makes no sense I have a vidoe of it starting its crappy.

What or where could all the oil have gone since I've not moved it but today n it's only started today, would low oil like that make it not want to start

YJMike92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A quart low on oil should not be an issue starting. Where it went is any bodies guess.
Where did you get the starter?
To me, it seems like it could be a starter issue. Is your video posted where we could listen to it crank/spin over?

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

some of the vid is junk phone fell over soon to get a go pro any who I'll have the started checked it's not even a week old brand new replacement but we know how that goes

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
The constant clicking is the glow plug relay short cycling. Your glow plugs are not working correctly......

After the first start did it die, or did you shut it off?

If it died and the funky idle, it sounds like it has air in it........

The idle also sounds a bit slow....... If I have a chance, I may go grab a video of mine...... just keep in mind, mine is a project, and the glow plugs don't work at all..... but it does start like it should...... with a bit of ether......

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The constant clicking is the glow plug relay short cycling. Your glow plugs are not working correctly......

After the first start did it die, or did you shut it off?

If it died and the funky idle, it sounds like it has air in it........

The idle also sounds a bit slow....... If I have a chance, I may go grab a video of mine...... just keep in mind, mine is a project, and the glow plugs don't work at all..... but it does start like it should...... with a bit of ether......

The first time it died by it self now I have a grind noise like in the vidoe I'll have to take it to a shop near me this week so I'll.have Gps changed out alignment done main reason for the shop visit,also have return lines/caps ordered

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online