Need help bosch pes 6p

Oldschool280

Reaction score
Hello, helpung an acquaintance with an older l8000 dump truck, he parked it in the fall, and it wouldn’t start the other day, all filters were rusty. Everything is primed, but we cant gat any fuel out of the injection pump. Is there a screen ? Maybe this unit is all crudded up and nothing moves? . I have the manual and was going to get after it . The pump is still on the truck. I have run auxiliary feeds and have tried do feefld directly into the injection pump but it is dry. Fuel switch is disconnected so its out of the equation. Thoughts?

You must be registered for see images attach

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
You said the Fuel Switch was out of the equasion, is this the fuel shut off? Is it outside of the pump, or does the pump have a mechanical fuel shut off? I'm more familiar with the Stanadyen pump on an IDI, or the Bosch rotary on the VW's.. so just trying to maybe point you in the correct direction. Maybe Wes @Thewespaul or Russ @typ4 might have a better insight on this pump. I see it's in an L8000 Ford Truck... what engine is this? Cummins, Cat, or one of Ford's Brazillian Engines?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MAke sure you are getting fuel thru the lift pump, some of those had a screen in the fittings. Its been a while.

Oldschool280

Reaction score
Thanx for the input guys, turns out there was a small check valve somebody added that was stuck. Pulled that out and it runs.