Need a good rebuilt or rebuildable late model 6.9 IDI

Mad Maxine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi folks.
Looking for a good late S/N 6.9 IDI; 6.9DU2U174*** or higher.
I live in central Texas, so it'd have to be somewhere in Texas or a surrounding state for me to pick up, unless you're heading my way.
I'm interested in either a good builder or possibly a well-built turn-key engine, but money (as always) is a factor.
Anyway, let me know what you've got, where you are, and what you want for it.
Thanks much!
Craig

Jimmylb01

Reaction score
Craig I have an 84 in West Texas I'll have to look at the serial # but looks rebuild-able. Heads are already off, needs a couple of valve guides. Mostly complete, minus ip, glow plugs, injectors, and injector lines. Also cdr valve is off.

Jimmylb01

Reaction score
Craig got the serial number it is 6.9 DU2U054832 it is an earlier than what you wanted but think it would be good to rebuild. If you want it I'll let it go for 200 if we can find a ride for it to get to you. If you like pictures I can send them, never have any luck posting them on this site

Mad Maxine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, thanks for getting back with me.
I'm a school teacher, and this is the last week of school. I thought I'd hit a few wrecking yards around Austin next week and see if there's anything (but doubtful...they seem to mostly have late-model stuff around here).
Unless I find something locally (and soon) I'll probably take you up on your offer. I'd like to get started on a rebuild over the summer. Also, I could drive out to you and fetch it.

How do the cylinders look?
Has it been sitting out in the open with the heads off?

Thanks much!
Craig

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online

No members online now.