NEED 2 KNOW WHAT ???'s 2 ask and tips when deciding a GOOD auto painter

Danny Cardarelli

Reaction score
Hi,
Not being familiar with technique or lingo...whats the best advice when choosing a quality car painter..whats a good quality auto paint.....how many coats? How many coats clear lacquer..willing to pay for quality but want to know my choice and selection is quality. Thanks in advance

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Not being familiar with technique or lingo...whats the best advice when choosing a quality car painter..whats a good quality auto paint.....how many coats? How many coats clear lacquer..willing to pay for quality but want to know my choice and selection is quality. Thanks in advance
go the the shop and take a look at what's in the shop. ask the shop what kind of work do they like doing. insurance work or resto work? ideal is a combination of both.
btw. noone in their right mind will shoot lacquer anymore.
one more thing. you pay enough money, anything can get painted.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

ps444mike

Reaction score
wondering the same.. my poor 97 is starting to peel.. not bad for 20 years old.. other wise looks good.. what type of paint would you recommend..

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any of the modern urethane base/clear paints will probably be as good or better than what was on it.

It should go without saying but get written estimates. Surprises can get large on paint and body.