Mystery Wiring Harness

OldIron82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all. Has anyone ever encountered a wiring harness plug like this? It's a long thick wire like a 7 way but it only has 3 wires in it that i have concluded are trailer brake, back up light, and auxiliary. It runs from the floor of the cab (89 f350 cab and chassis) to the rear of the frame. There is a short female plug with 7 pins that plug into it, and at the end of that it can be attached to a 7 way plug. Now here's the kicker: At the end of the long harness on the truck side, there are 4 wires that are made right into it that are for left turn/hazard/brake, right turn/hazard/brake, parking lights, and ground. The previous owner has the truck wiring harness spliced into these.

The letters N.E.W are cast into the plug. What is this thing? I tried explaining this to a few people and I get the deer in the head light stare. I also checked with a huge trailer/towing supply company by me called Weaver distributing and they didn't have anything set up like this. I like the beefyness of if for running the wire from the brake box to the rear of the vehicle but it just seems really out there and strange anyone would make something like this. Thanks
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No problem. I like this one because it's the same plug the newer Chevys and Fords use so if you manage to break the actual part the trailer plugs into you can get a new plug at any parts store or Walmart. Just seemed like a great deal to me. Especially since the harness for the factory plugs was like $200 if you can find one!