My Next New Truck

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Way to go, Dodge! You made the right decision to stick with the Cummins.

Hopefully you'll keep it a few more years, at least.

My intent is to buy a new truck in 2009 or so... probably going to be a Dodge (just because I've had my eyes on the Rams for a couple years, but haven't been in a position to buy.)

Hope all the bugs are worked out by then!!

Looks like power and torque with the 6.7 are about the same as for this model year. That seems like good logic to me... Dodge seems to be playing conservatively (for now.) Don't always have to carry the biggest stick on the block.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mikes91 said:
My intent is to buy a new truck in 2009 or so...

Nuttin like planning ahead............... :rotflmao

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True... who knows what'll be on the market in '09. Just can't see making any big purchases before then, aside from trying to keep my wife's GM truck and my GM car on the road...

It is very likely that I'll keep my IDI on the road, and trade BOTH of our GM vehicles on a new Tundra or Titan for my wife. Between my
01 Impala's transmission last month and the likelihood of a major repair needed on her truck, I've had enough of GM vehicles at this point. Both have been cared for. There's no excuse for this stuff breaking, short of GM's own poor engineering.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True, lschultz.

Just I'm not willing to stake my family's financial security on making sure GM stays in business. Paying them $3000 here and there ain't the right plan for my family, when their products should last 10 years when properly cared for. Case in point, my '01 Impala's transmission.

I'll go to a foreign manufacturer before doing more business with a company where parting with 3 large of my "play money" or retirement money is just a "normal expense." A Hyundai has a better warranty.

If what you say is true... then it is time to keep the old stuff on the road and stop buying new.

Last edited:

SchutzhundGSD

Reaction score
Just wish that I could get my wife to see the big flood lights pointing out the fact that GM is a sinking ship. I've got an 04 Colorado, but wish I'd stuck it out with my Tacoma long enough to have bought a Cummins last year. Now she wants an 07 Yukon. Blah

Wyatt Earp

Diesel Geek
Reaction score
For what it is worth I hope that GMC can save itself from financial disaster. It would be nice to the GM DMAX, the Corvette and the Caddy cars survive. The Hummer stuff is a joke unless we are only talking about the A1 which I still thinks serves a purpose.

Don't mean to sound so neg...

boatelectronicguy

Reaction score
SchutzhundGSD said:
Just wish that I could get my wife to see the big flood lights pointing out the fact that GM is a sinking ship. I've got an 04 Colorado, but wish I'd stuck it out with my Tacoma long enough to have bought a Cummins last year. Now she wants an 07 Yukon. Blah

Yeah, my last GM truck was my LAST GM truck.

Brother-in-law traded his '03 Tahoe for an '06 Expedition a few months ago and he loves it. Says it is a much better vehicle all around than the Tahoe.

Venom

Testing Some Crap Out
Reaction score
I hope Dodge gets a 5 speed auto to go with the new engine.

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, but Dodge must keep up with Ford and GM. The Ram 3500 came in last on an uphill race despite having the lightest trailer. GM had six gears and Ford had 5. Four speeds on an auto killed the Ram.

harley152

Reaction score
yup---my last GM truck was my last GM anything!!! Likewise, my last ford truck was my last FORD anything(shoulda got the heated tailgate option)!! Like my last BSA motorcycle---I'm pretty sure I pushed it farther than I rode it!!!!

Jerry