Muffler of choice?

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to put some kind of 3 inch muffler and 3.5 inch tailpipe on a factory turbo 7.3. Anyone have recommendations for a muffler that's sorta quite and not too much? I saw a Mbrp muffler for 70$ they said they don't care about noise but I want to keep it mild for them

DougsOBS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive got a borla on mine and really like the sound, only real aggressive when you are hammering on it.

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just find a nice big glasspack - I think I found a Jones Fullboar muffler for like $60.
The turbo already quiets things down a bit, and I was quite impressed at how well that glasspack worked on my '88.

My '93, however, is straight-piped(2.5" though).

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is wrong with you people and wanting to use mufflers.;PokeLOL

I was impressed with how mellow Mike's truck was at the rally. The muffler he used seemed to do it's job.
How did I know you were gonna reply to this thread?? lol I myself prefer straight pipe but the truck I'm working on belongs to a couple they aren't so much into loud truck and performance(though I'm working on that now). I was looking at a mbrp muffler mostly just wanting to mellow it out some. 70$ and I recognize the name it's like 2-1/2 foot long so it should help a little.

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
Im running a 4in stainless magnaflow, about 3ft long, kind of aggressive

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going with the walker muffker 3.5 I have a whole exhaust kit that's 3.5 for this truck it just needed muffler added to it. Should see some improvement over the 1-3/4 inch 4ft long muffler and tailpipe that's on it designed fr a gas truck lol

WarNose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm using a 4" Diamond Eye muffler. It looks just like the Walker Big Truck Muffler pictures that Laserjock posted. It is pretty quiet. I wouldn't mind if it was slightly louder. But then again, my truck is stock other than the 4" exhaust with a 3" turbo outlet and downpipe.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86