MSN Trouble

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by icanfixall, Feb 13, 2018.

1. icanfixall

icanfixall Official GMM hand model

This is the only site I can reach. So I checked into my computer and find out msn isn't able to connect to me. My lines are clear. Nothing unplugged. Have checked everything. Even turned off computer and unplugged it from power source. Say I wanted to get on the auburn cord duesenberg site.. Not.. It times out Ebay is the same. My email is VERY SLOW.. My oh my am I pissed off...

2. Thewespaul

Thewespaul Supporting Member Supporting Member

Well of all the sites to only work your computer chose a good one!

I’m no help with computers really, try on and off? Hitting it with some hard and sharp?

3. threegenpowerstroke98

threegenpowerstroke98 Registered User

Download chrome browser. MSN is pretty dated, slow and no longer standard. Chrome is pretty quick and nice to use.

icanfixall likes this.
  4. KZF250

KZF250 Full Access Member

I use Firefox and the last 2 days the HVAC Forum I frequent has been down...it get's a ton of traffic but has never been down for more than an hour or two in the past.

5. jwalterus

jwalterus Made in America

I can't say I've ever noticed HVAC-talk being down like it has been of late..............

6. riotwarrior

riotwarrior Supporting Member Supporting Member

Gary its from too many gmm sites...lets face it u n computers mixing isnt good....buy the mrs her own....

icanfixall likes this.
  7. gandalf

gandalf Senior Member

Lets narrow the guessing a bit, Gary. Tell us about your computer. Desktop? Laptop? What motherboard? What operating system? Which browser, and which version? What ISP? Do you use cable? What router? What modem?

Do you consistently get OB? If you turn your system off, let it sit for a bit, and turn it back on, do you still get OB and only OB?

8. gandalf

gandalf Senior Member

Lets narrow the guessing a bit, Gary. Tell us about your computer. Desktop? Laptop? What motherboard? What operating system? Which browser, and which version? What ISP? Do you use cable? What router? What modem?

Do you consistently get OB? If you turn your system off, let it sit for a bit, and turn it back on, do you still get OB and only OB?

9. needlenose

needlenose Full Access Member

Assume Windows.

Hit Windows key+R

Enter "cmd" into bar and Enter

Type "ping google.com" Enter

If you get timeouts, your ISPs DNS is down. You wont be able to get here either once your cache times out.

Sprint does this frequently to me. I keep a public dns ip handy and switch over when it does. Doubt it has anything to do with your machine.

10. icanfixall

icanfixall Official GMM hand model

Problem fix.. Turns out Frontier cut me off for non payment... WTF is this all bout...I paid my bill.. Well sir it takes us up to 72 hours to process the payment..so that was 2 friggen days ago... I called today the very nice person named jorden talked to the collections dept. told me maybe in 24 hours I will be back online... but usually it wont take that long but..It could. My computer and my tvs are on Frontier. I NEVER lost my tv reception and have been watching it since this started. Back story is my mail in payment for Dec. was returned cause they could not process it. claim was check was damaged.. It sure was. the envelope was cut in half as was my payment check. Only reason I got this back was my return stamp was still on the letter but the other end with the US postage stamp was gone.. It was THEIR letter opener that destroyed my check.. Not me.. So That was fixed but I'm still listed as non payment... BTW when you pay online to Frontier it CAN and usually take 72 hours for them to process this payment. they want you to mail in payment cause they can process it faster... Wow am I every looking for a different carrier now. Very often my signon name and password get "lost" on Frontiers end so I have so start another one. Sometime their "special password numbers" wont work when I try it reset my password so its a long horrible mess with Frontier..Thanks for all the help and tips on what to do in the future..I know I will have a short future with Frontier...

Jason1377 likes this.
  11. KZF250

KZF250 Full Access Member

Still a No-Go...WTF over...

12. Jason1377

Jason1377 Supporting Member Supporting Member

HVAC-talk mind wonders only see that term on job site as well as truck n trail license application. The HVAC