Moose Fleet 2010 IDI Weekend Rally Review with pictures! Part 1

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well we all got home, and of course I'm sure all of you have been following the doings of the 2010 IDI Weekend to some extent, so now I have posted a bunch of pics from my camera, and my other family members will have some to share later as well.

Our trip started out June 30th, and we made our way from York County PA to Bedford PA, where we spent the night at Friendship Villiage campground. Due to Matthias' provisional license, he has to be off the road by 11PM, so we pulled in around 10:30pm and slept there for the night. By 6:18am the following morning, we were rolling on the turnpike headed west. The trip through Wheeling WV, and across I-70 was pleasant. At Columbus, we made a fuel stop and had the misfortune of discovering that the safety pillars were just freshly painted yellow with no friggin' warning sign! After rubbing my "Built Ford Tough" hooded sweatshirt across it several times before finding out this paint was not dry, I dragged the store owner out of her office and had fantasies of rubbing her nose in the paint while she explained to me that she would get the painter on the horn, and back on the premise so I could do with him what I wanted. After a lengthy delay satisfying my thirst for justice, we were back on the road, although my sweatshirt was soaking wet and laying in the Moose Tail. By then however, the day had warmed up some and we were enjoying very comfortable cruising weather. By the time we rolled into Garden Prarie, it had been 18 hours and 925 miles for the 3 trucks in our convoy, including the Moose Truck, Lady Moose, and Night Moose. We were promptly greeted by the misquitoes, and everybody at the rally welcomed us as well. Friday morning dawned and we had beautiful weather again as I did my timing clinic, and set up about 6 trucks. Ron won the coin toss and picked up the Moose Pump I had brought along, and he got it installed and I timed it before we all headed off to the dragstrip.

By now I'm sure you have all seen the drag race video, and so I won't comment on that any further. Saturday was the famous show and shine, and pics from that are below.

You must be registered for see images

The bulk of the line up. The "Official" photo is from the other direction. Hopefully that will be posted soon. Joe's truck is out of view to the right. The campground seemed to enjoy the free car show. Some people did become curious and walked over to see what was going on.

Chris Barber's rig with it's unique airbag suspension.

Possibly the first Chevy we have ever featured. However, this truck was all Al, and not much Chevy as this thing is custom throughout. The IDI looked right at home. GM would be jeolous.

Goldie's freshly Moosed butt, and the backside of the first two.

Big Ed, with the venerable Cummins inside.

Moose Truck. New for this rally, was the relocated fuel filter head, water filter delete, and engine "handlebar". Also quite likely the last time the Moose Truck and Moose Tail will be seen at a rally with these wheels. The 16.5 inch rims are destined for a museum.

John stayed at the campground instead of going to the track so he could clean up his truck. His efforts paid off and netted him the Best Interior award.

Night Moose. I do think he refueled on the way out. Maybe. Or was that just a *** break?

Lady Moose. No changes this year other than a new stereo.

Heath's truck, with novel 10 lug Dana 80 display.

Joe's truck. It may not be clean, but Joe did take care of doing for us, what the campground didn't. That was emptying our gray water so we could all wash the mesquito repelant off. Thanks Joe!

Meet Sean, Jason, and Al. 3 of the newcomers to our rally.

Al's Chevy was well engineered, especially in the electrical arena.

After the show and shine, the rest of the activities took place in this building, which we were fortunate enought to have to ourselves for the duration. My hats off to Chris and Jessica for managing to get this. Chris also provided free internet access for all of us on a laptop which was much appreciated.

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

An awesome pot-luck meal was had by all, with delicious fresh pork provided by Chris' pig roasting cronies who had an official pig roasting trailer with chrome stacks and a wood fire.

The youth always enjoy each others company, and have formed close friendships even though they only see each other a limited number if more than one time a year.

Al and his wife's smiles describe the enjoyment being had by all.

The trucks continued to bask in the sun while we enjoyed our meal and fellowship.

Long shadows marked the end of another wonderfull rally day. Time for campfire and ****** girl stories! LOL

More in Part 2 coming soon.

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Nice to see that Al was allowed to park with all them other trucks! ;Sweet:rotflmao

I'll have to try and get out there and we can have a mini-meet-within-a-meet! Looks like fun was had by all!

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
So,what are you going to do with those sweet rims?Sell,Keep,scrap....I kinda like them.Real retro....

DOE-SST

1994 E350
Reaction score
What,

no vans?

sheesh.:rolleyes:

If ya'll ever rally in the southwest states, I'll bring a few of mine, if they're not too busy working.

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I don't think we have had a van at a rally since 06'. They were pretty well represented each year up till then.