Missing after Mudding

SewperDrewper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 04 LB7 Duramax, and decided to play in some rain water. Once I hit the puddle, motor skipped out, but I didn't think anything of it, just thought it was the traction control kicking in. After I hit the puddle a few more times with the same patterns, I noticed I was puffing like a freight train. Went to spin around real quick, and couldn't rev above 2200 rpm and was missing like crazy. Tons of black smoke, with a good puff of white once. Babied it home, sprayed the engine bay down, and waited about 30 minutes before firing it back up. Came alive but had a crazy pop just before rev limit and was still pouring black smoke. Decided to drive it to a bbq, and it was getting normal gas mileage and after driving about 10 miles, it seems like it's back to full power. What happened and is this normal activity for a wet Dmax

2004 Chevy Silverado 2500 4x4
Duramax LB7 w/ Alisson
125,000 Miles

Mods: 4" Dynopro turbo back exhaust
Hypertech Programmer set at Level 2
Fram Air Filter

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
Not sure what it could be. Maybe water in some of the electronics or something? Or just the fact that you bought a chevy? LOL Just couldn't resist it man!

SewperDrewper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what it could be. Maybe water in some of the electronics or something? Or just the fact that you bought a chevy? LOL Just couldn't resist it man!

Well I had a 2004 F350 which haunted me with engine problems the minute I bought it, not to mention got an amazing 13.5mpg...so the only other choice was the Chevy. Which is getting 18mpg and pulls my boat and camper at the posted speed limit unlike both the 6.0 and my trusty ol IDI.

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a little bit of experience with these we have two 06 5500 chevys at work with 6.6's in them that ive worked on. Just out of curiousty have you hooked a scanner up to it and checked for codes, and did the CEL come on whenever you first started having the misfire after you went through the puddle?

-Jordan-

mark7.3idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what u did was shocked the tcc and the ecm the duramax was in kinda a limp mode the trucks will re learn its self after a amount of time your best bet is to take the connectors off and put white grease in it to help and stay out of the puddles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online