Milage question for 6.6 duramax diesels

CaptSteve67

Reaction score
I am looking in to purchasing an used 2008 or a new 2009 depending on the deal I can make. I am interested in the MPG I can expect from a 2500 crew cab 4x4. Any information would be appreciated.

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
If your truck has a DPF on it it'll be in the 14-16 mpg range because during regen it dumps fuel into the motor to get the temps up for the DPF. Delete the DPF, put a good exhaust on it and cold air intake, a good programmer and you can get into the 20s with it.

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
Our shop foreman has a 08 CC 4x4 that he drives. Truck has about 15k on it and he said he gets about 18 on the highway. He just bought a Bully Dog programmer so I don't know what he's getting now. As a reference, my cousin had a '06 CC 4x4 with the same programming as the new trucks and no cancerous emissions crap and got 23 out of his.

Dixon Peer

Reaction score
I drive a 2009 Duramax, Chevy Silverado 2500HD, and around town I'm getting 15 - 15 1/2 mpg. Highway I get 22. Now, I drive sensibly, not heavy footed, trying to get the most for my dollar and make the truck last a long time. These numbers are based on an empty truck...not carrying a load or towing a trailer.