1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mercruiser/tdi

Discussion in 'Diesel Conversion Forum' started by Comptech, Jan 10, 2019 at 7:02 PM.

1. Comptech

Comptech Full Access Member

Okay Volkswagen guys. I've looked all over the Internet and get nothing definitive.I want to get a TDI hooked up to a mercruiser outdrive. I'm not worried about marinizing, as I probably will dry stack it. I need 4200 RPMs, and approximately 120 to 140 horse. As far as bolt pattern on the outdrive, Chevrolet ,Oldsmobile or Ford.

2. Oledirtypearl86

Oledirtypearl86 Full Access Member

So my knowledge of boats and tdi's is limited but I know enough so a TDI to a Mercruse I can see working I know the TDI makes more than enough power and rpm's but 4200 is a little on the high end for sustained rpm but as I know a boat jumps rpm as it crests wakes and such but I've never had a boat or been on. A boat I plowed wide out for an hour let alone 20 min . Also everything on a vw is meteric and I doubt you will be able to find a premade adapter for the drive but this could be where some creative fabrication comes In to place I really want to see this come to fruition

3. Kiwif150

Kiwif150 Supporting Member Supporting Member