MEP701 Military Generator

UMR_Engnr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And now for something completely different.

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/bar/d/military-diesel-generator-mep/6635534308.html

I have for sale a military surplus MEP-701A diesel generator. These are rated for 3kW continuous duty (24/7) by the military, and I've heard they can go up much higher (closer to 6kW) temporarily. It has a single cylinder Onan diesel engine, and has the sound reducing ASK kit on it. When I got it I replaced the oil, oil filter, fuel filter, the injector return line, and a cracked fuel line. I have a printed user manual for it. The unit has 100 hours on it. It starts quickly and does not smoke while running. I ran a 4.8A jigsaw (similar draw as a standard standalone freezer) and the generator wasn't phased at all, barely a blip on the load meter. A 1500W space heater bumped the load meter to 25%. It comes with two new 12V tractor batteries (wired in series for 24V) in a custom, portable carrier. This battery carrier links to the generator via a quick disconnect large gauge winch cable, and has a 24V battery charger/maintainer. The foam on the ASK sound deadening panels has all been replaced and the bolts that secure the panels have been replaced with stainless steel ones. I've put 4 large, rubber isolation feet on the generator to keep it in place while running and help reduce vibration. It's a cool generator and is ready to work. Asking $700.

Open to trade or partial trade for firearms, USA made band saw, USA made drill press, dual sport/enduro motorcycle, stand up jet ski (i.e. js550), kids atv

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online