Me 2 New

RGMS4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found this site just lookin around. I see some of my friends from TDS are hanging out here to. I like what I see. Looking foward to talking to everyone and hope I can help a little. I have had very few problems with my truck so I do more asking than helping.
:thanks:

Randy

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Randy.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Randy.

Consider yourself blessed not to have problems I ran through just about every system on mine (IDI) finding out what broke next as I turned up the heat per sa. (beef this up and then it takes that out, so fix that and then the next link in the chain LOL It's all part of the fun)...

RGMS4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
argve,
Thanks. I think I spoke toooo soon. If you remember about the time your IDI went down, My tranny ( E4OD ) went with it. At first it was shifting great. Not long after it started shifting funny. Like it was before the other one died. The shift from 2nd to 3rd was real long. I don't think it was slipping but it acted like the TC was unlocking?? I put new FIPL yesterday and set volts to 1.0. All OK.
Today it is doing it again. Checked the volts and got 1.265. I may have the RPMs to high. Will not be able to check till I get back to work. What do you think?

Thanks

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
yep smack the FIPL down a notch or two and see what happens. Because when they are out of adjustment they will hold on to 3rd a long long time, you will notice a little longer hold time to 2nd but not as long as 3rd-4th. I always set mine to shift a little late to hold out the shift a little longer, it also shifted a little harder/firmer then as well (which I liked a bunch). :D