Manufacturers certificate

Rainer1965

Reaction score
Hi to the community,

I hope someone might be able to help me with a strange request....

I am having an ´93 E350 as a basechassis for a Class C Motorhome and I have Problems finding the right Info about the max weight (GWVR?) of the vehicle. When pulling a VIN-Decoder sheet it says 10001-14000 Pounds, a pretty high variance :sly

So I have asked FORD US via E-Mail for a declaration on that specific car what it might carry as a max. No answer. So I went for a chat. There they referred me to the Customer Service in Germany (where I live and where the car is registered with a max weight of 5670kg which is 12.500 Pounds). They told me that this would be typical for FORD US to redirect every non-US-resident to the respective countries but would never give them the datasheets, so another blind alley...

So my question is if anyone of you can get me a certificate for my VIN that Shows the max possible allowed weight from Ford....this one I would use to get the Registration here in Germany. Does the data sheet that one can buy in www.shopfordgear.com (not availble for NON-US residents again) contain what I need or again a range only?

Pretty confusing setup of a huge Company like that

So please respond If you think you could do me a favour.

Many thanks in advance

Rainer

PS: Will cover costs of course, if any[emoji1]

Last edited: