Lucas Fuel Injection Cleaner

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
Has anyone else tried this stuff.... ???

I normally only use the Power Service grey bottle - Cetane booster.... but a buddy of mine told me to try the Lucas... So far I am really impressed, It seems to be better than the others I have been using.

Less smoke, smoother motor... This is my first tank so I can't say if it has effected my mileage yet one way or the other. It has seemed to help though.

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
I used Lucas before I found out about Stanadyne performance formula. Since then I've used it with every fill up. My truck loves it.

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
Hheynow,

I tied the Stanadyne ... maybe I just got the wrong one.... it didn't seem to make much of a diff in my truck....

You said that you use the performance formula.... I don't think the stuff I got said anything about performance on it... infact I think it was just a cold weather formula to stop gelling.... I guess I will have to look at Stanadyne again.

Thanks

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
STANADYNE PERFORMANCE FORMULA . I order it by the case of six 1/2 gallon jugs...best price ($84.00) I've ever seen for it. Transfer some to an empty Sta-bil container which measures ounces and you'll have a great to go dispenser bottle for it forever.

Last edited:

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
Well i just put a whole gallon of Lucas in my fuel tanks (half gallon per tank) about 38 gallon total capacity. The jug said a gallon would treat up to 400 gallons so we'll see if Lucas makes a difference or not! When i changed the fuel filter yesterday i filled it with Lucas before installing it. The label recommended doing this for a tune up. I'll keep you posted about any milage increases seen out of this expensive tank of fuel. By the way it cost me $20 at Napa for a gallon of Lucas.

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
I didnt see any major increase in fuel milage out of the gallon treatment of Lucas. It did seem to make the truck run smoother especially on start up. Recently it seems as though right after i start the truck up it idles rough and a lot of blue/white smoke comes out. The Lucas seemed to stop this from happening but there was not much of a milage gain.

I have also used Howe's about a year ago and it seemed to help a little too. I will put a good dose of this in the next tank and see what effects it has.

Whit

Reaction score
I have tryed them all and ya cant really see any milage gains so if any it is minimal. I will continue to use an additive just for the lubricity of my VP44, when the sulfer came out the lubricity went with it and I dont know what if any additive they put in to replace it so I will continue on................I use Stanadyne most of the time just because of availability.

Cheers, Kevin

lschultz

Reaction score
Cistern,Tx-2.3 miles outs of ofs highway in Fayett
I have been using the Stanadyne Performance Formula since 91. I get a few tenths more mpg,engine is quiter soom.There far a while I was using Amsoil Cetane Boost and did not really notice any difference but with the Stanadyne I get a little better mpg. I get mine from http://www.dieselpage.com/ theres a shop that sells it here in Austin but I can get it cheaper from these people with shipping added.

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
Originally posted by Whitmore
I have tryed them all and ya cant really see any milage gains so if any it is minimal. I will continue to use an additive just for the lubricity of my VP44, when the sulfer came out the lubricity went with it and I dont know what if any additive they put in to replace it so I will continue on................I use Stanadyne most of the time just because of availability.

Cheers, Kevin

Same here, tried just about everything and never noticed much if any difference. Now I just use the Power Service (white bottle) when I think about it :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

One of these days I'm going to get enough seafoam to do what that old crusty geonc sugguested & we shall see if it makes a difference.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online