Lower dipstick tube sealants

nostrokes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions on a sealant I can put on the lower tube and still be able to twist it around enough to meet up with the upper before it cures? This will be where it enters the transmission and I don't want to use form a gasket or anything like that, or am I better off getting it in where I want it an slathering it up with good ole JB...

Pics of the 4r lower look like it maybe has Teflon around it, but this one is tight enough the Teflon would surely come off and do no good.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
That trans dip stick tube has an o ring in a special groove. Why not replace it??? Any trans shop will have this common o ring..

nostrokes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That trans dip stick tube has an o ring in a special groove. Why not replace it??? Any trans shop will have this common o ring..

There is no grove for an o ring on the lower where it goes into the tranny. There is a boss where it buts against the transmission housing when it is seated all the way.

nostrokes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try an o ring between case and boss.

I might try that too. There was one there when I pulled it apart but it must have leaked cause one of the po's put a crap load of blue gasket sealer around it. They may have just used too big of o ring..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online