Looking for heated fuel line or options to replace

donald

Reaction score
Hello i have a 86 f250 with 6.9 and need to replace my heated fuel line from fuel pump to filter assembly. I can make a new fuel line but not with a heater in it. Is the heater needed? Are their any options or dealers for a replacement? Last problem to solve after changing motor and upgradeing to ZF 5spd. I'm ready to start her back up!
Thanks

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
As already posted. The heaters have NEVER proven to be needed. On the 7.3 filter heads the heater is on top of the fuel. Not the bottom. Same with most psd fuel heaters. Ford did not tell owners you are supposed to turn the key to the run position and not start for 7 minutes. that's enough time to warm the fuel...But wait... there's more. How does the heater work when the engine is running or does it not work when running...Why did the engineers install it and what was the design idea..
Final note, The top fitting on the line you plan to replace has the rubber seal in it but the bottom is a flared fitting. A rubber hose works fine as a replacement for the hard line in this area..