Looking for exhaust manifolds for 1988

BillieS

Reaction score
7.3 idi non turbo. Must come from a box truck or a dump truck. I am converting a S1800 dump truck from gas 404 engine to a 7.3 idi non-turbo. Already have the engine and transmission in. Just need to find the exhaust manifolds.

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ford pickup was the most popular application for these motors. I would think finding manifolds from an international may be tricky. Is it safe to assume that the ford manifolds are not working for you? Have you considered swapping them left for right? Van manifolds are another option. I believe they are a little bit different from the trucks. Perhaps you could make two left hand van manifolds work.

charle1999

Reaction score
Can you find the casting numbers for the manifolds you need? I have two wierd ones that were in the bottom of the box when I bought a used turbo.

BillieS

Reaction score
I will have to look at my other truck, which is at another site. They may have casting numbers on it. Could you sent me a picture of the ones you have?

BillieS

Reaction score
Here is a picture of my other truck same model. TNBrett, standard truck will not work. It has to be from a large van or dump truck.

Attachments

• IMG_65961.jpg
    IMG_65961.jpg
    483.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_65971.jpg
    IMG_65971.jpg
    494.9 KB · Views: 4

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
It sounds like you need manifolds of an s1654. Look for an old international U-Haul truck, they should have the correct manifolds.
There are a few on marketplace right now for parts.

Rock

BillieS

Reaction score
Farmer Truck,
Yes, that is exactly what I need. But didn't know the numbers. I will begin looking for that number. I also wonder if they make headersfor the same?