Looking for a turbo setup for a 6.9 / 7.3 idi

CBRF3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking for anyone selling a turbo kit for a 6.9 / 7.3 idi been having issues finding a complete setup recently used to find them quite often now they are very rare to find.

WAID

Full Access Member
Reaction score
During covid the market seems to have dried up for used. I too have been looking.

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not an expert but this looks complete but expensive

SuperDave

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes you can find them on eBay complete, there's one seller in particular that is very thorough in making sure they are complete kits. Don't expect them to be cheap though, most ebay kits are 1/2 to 2/3 (or more) the cost of a brand new kit whereas the last one I bought was $600 for a very complete factory '94 7.3 setup. I'm looking for another factory setup currently and will probably wind up buying a complete junkyard engine with turbo. Check car-part.com they will list every junkyard near you that has a turbo 7.3.

CBRF3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6.9 turbo? head bolt size problem??
for 9-10 lbs of boost the head bolt issue is a non issue with modern headgaskets also there is a thing called head studs you know ARP if you stud a 6.9 and decompress them can run around 25lbs of boost and not pop head gaskets on a 6.9 just so you know I am no noob to these engines but am looking for a stock setup for a friends rig as he isn't wanting to go crazy like my builds I have had a few 6.9's over the years pushing 25psi+ reliably intercooled of course.

My friend recently was riding with me for a Oklahoma run / haul in my rig that I have pretty beefed up and he was suprised and said its a bit much for what he wants he needs a simple hauler and NA just about gets him thru but he needs just a nudge more the OEM turbo would be that but would be intercooled of course add a bit of fuel with one of my 7.3 turbo injection pumps I got turned up a few flats he would be golden.I have found even when only doing 10-15 psi intercooling makes a world of difference it really helps with the EGT's and also makes the reliability on power much better aka no heat soaking over time.

Last edited:

danno

Reaction score
I have most of a full setup I bought two sets when I did my upgrade last year.. will pull together the parts and send photos

CBRF3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have most of a full setup I bought two sets when I did my upgrade last year.. will pull together the parts and send photos
TY and send me the price and we can figure out how exactly to go about things