Looking for a GPS Vehicle tracker.

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday my son and I were sledding, and a couple Latinos broke down on our frontage road. Clutch to the floor (Nissan B2600i).

They didn’t speak English and I can’t speak Spanish. Plus wanted to be with my son.

So taught him to drive his pickup clutch less in 5 minutes. Shook hands and away he went smiling and thankful. He was Gen X.

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about a couple disconnects and a short piece of wire between the starting solenoid and the starter. And just carry it with you.

Do thieves carry 4 gauge or larger wire? That coupled with a remote kill switch, the club, and a monkey would deter the thieves and leave you with just some cosmetic damage.....

silexis

Reaction score
gpsandtrack.com has trackers. not cheap. i had one on some remotely located equipment and it didn't work so well because of bad cell service. in town it worked find.
You could set up a geofence and be alerted by text if the tracker left the area

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Ultimately, if a thief wants your vehicle, they'll get it one way or another, that's just the sad truth. Honestly probably the best deterrer is going to be a manual gp switch that's hidden, cause otherwise it may not start, and they'll give up.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 86 with the T-19 trans. has the Clutch Peddle switch. The peddle needs to be depressed to start the engine. I broke the switch getting it off, so just use a jumper wire on the plug, which bypasses the switch.

Also Automatics have the same sort of switch.

Could run the wire to a Toggle switch and that would disable it.

Some thief`s have Tow Trucks (Jesus Freak :bail ) they back in, hook up and off they go.

If they want it bad enough, they will or destroy stuff in the process trying, and if they cant, will leave you with damaged tore up vehicle.

Years ago my Wife and I thought it would be great to see where our daughter went and what she told us, and thought a tracker would be a great idea.
That was back in 1990.

We told her to be home by Midnight, so one night before we hit the sack. In the hallway was a shelved cabinet, I placed a row of Coors beer cans, another row on top etc...
Taped a string to the can and across the hall to the wall.
She come in tippy toeing so quietly, and the cans come crashing down...lets out a scream..OH is that you Suzy? She wanted to kill me...

Goat

Last edited:

Noiseydiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Air tags require a wifi or some such, proximity. My driveway is already out of range.
99% of those trackers, I have found out charge $12-25 a month. (ouch.)
~~I am going to start with a hidden, built in, no crank or start switch.~~
I am currently looking for the wiring diagram that ends with the FSS on the IP and goes back to where?
I found the starter relay wire going from the starter switch to the solenoid and that can prevent cranking but do i desire to prevent cranking or starting? Most mechanically inclined people know how to make an engine crank without needing the key, but a no-start is another can of worms that not many people want to deal with when attempting the expedite the movement of a vehicle in order to appropriate it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Staff online