Look what I found!

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
'84 F250 4x4, 6.9, T19. I drove 350 miles, + or -, for it, but it was sooo cheap. It runs but the PO replaced the intake gasket...removed the pump and now the timing is off...it runs like a 1 legged rooster but the A/C blows cold.
I think I'm a truck hoarder.

https://goo.gl/photos/YM1ADpvJQz3RbRHaA

For some reason I could only get pics to work as a link...sorry for the whippin'.

Ole BlackBetty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How cheap? The McDonald's cup power steering cap, makes it all worth while :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$600 cheap. I got a good laugh out of the PS pump cap too!

Crankybait

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need one of those too, The old 400m in my F350 dump needs replaced.. Nice find!!!!!

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
600 bucks for some clean iron like that.i love seeing those trucks just looking like common place out there,all over........meanwhile back home,folks are shelling out 600 just to get some clean fenders and floorboards again.it would take well over 6 grand getting our 7th gen trucks looking somewhere near to that again.there,just near free lol.great score.;Sweet

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like you need to just to time it and you will be ready to drive to the fall meet!

Congrats on the find.... You beat me to it LOL

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alive!

Old girl fired off. It was 180* out of time and all olives were used up. I bought the wrong damn olives for the return lines...cut my own out of fuel line. I might have cut them too short but they seemed to tighten up correctly. Anyway, it seems like I'm still getting air in the system. Here are a couple of videos, if you're interested:

https://goo.gl/photos/sddTSUjBg6kcwBmh7

https://goo.gl/photos/8frzZcZXUWH4ybwi9

https://goo.gl/photos/redr3u4J1aEoUsZh9

As you can tell, some of the air bled out. I'll put some clean diesel & Lucas fuel treatment...see if it will level out some. Then I'll DRIVE it off of the trailer. I guess round 2 with the return side olives will be the next thing.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
What are you calling return line olives??? Not but 2 places where any return line has these olives. I'm thinking you mean to say the return line o rings but maybe not. If this engine has sat for a long time not run I bet the injection pump has some sticking pilot valves or advance plunger. Might try removing the fuel filter and filling it with auto tran fluid. then get it running and listen for the running engine to change sounds. when that happens you know all the atf is in the pump and injectors. Shut it down and let it sit overnight. Next day run it like you stole it. that usually cleans out the fuel system. Most any fuel treatment cleaner will work too but atf is the cheaper method.

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are you calling return line olives??? Not but 2 places where any return line has these olives. I'm thinking you mean to say the return line o rings but maybe not. If this engine has sat for a long time not run I bet the injection pump has some sticking pilot valves or advance plunger. Might try removing the fuel filter and filling it with auto tran fluid. then get it running and listen for the running engine to change sounds. when that happens you know all the atf is in the pump and injectors. Shut it down and let it sit overnight. Next day run it like you stole it. that usually cleans out the fuel system. Most any fuel treatment cleaner will work too but atf is the cheaper method.

I'm talking about the "olives" on the steel line from the IP to the "4 way" connection at the driver side rear of the engine. Where the rubber injector return lines connect to the steel one from the IP and the other end, at the IP.
I already replaced the injector cap o-rings too...and the other two olives.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01