Link To Ford F-Series Center Console Rear Radio Controls/Power Port/Cup Holder

Puddle Pirate

Pillage For Diesel
Reaction score
With Max's permission, I am including a link to the Wiki. It's a list of Mods and Instructions for Ford F-Series trucks.

I have just completed a set of instructions for the Center Console Rear Radio Controls for front Captain's Seats with center console.

Link is: http://superdutydiesel.com/wiki/tiki-read_article.php?articleId=15

Scrole down to CENTER CONSOLE/REAR RADIO CONTROLS

This will work with most 04 and older radios. Be advised however that there are about 7 or 8 manufacturers of the stock 6-CD radio, so there may be some out there where it won't work. Easiest way to find out is - take the radio out, look at the back for the required plugs (as shown in the article) and check the wiring diagrams - as compared to your radio stock plug for wiring colors.

If you have a crew cab with front captain's seats and the center console, and the bench rear seat with the only cup holders in the bench back, you are already aware that, if you use the whole back seat - no one has anyplace to put a drink. On long drives, if you have kids, you are also aware that they don't want to listen to what you are listening to either. So - it may give you some precious peace and quiet!

Last edited:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice work you did on the radio installation Gordon and very nice write up as well, thanks for putting the link in here. ;Sweet

Puddle Pirate

Pillage For Diesel
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Very nice work you did on the radio installation Gordon and very nice write up as well, thanks for putting the link in here. ;Sweet

Anything!...............Well, ALMOST anything to help out my brotha's.

Thanks for the kind comments, and thanks for your help too! You will note, that I put you on my Christmas list at the bottom of the article!! :hail

rray32539

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't know there were more than one supplier of the CD-6 radio, I thought it was a Visteon item. I do see on Visteon's site they do offer a CD-6, but it looks nothing like the one in my 2005 F-250. Any ideas if this mod would work on a 2005 radio?

Puddle Pirate

Pillage For Diesel
Reaction score
rray32539 said:
I didn't know there were more than one supplier of the CD-6 radio, I thought it was a Visteon item. I do see on Visteon's site they do offer a CD-6, but it looks nothing like the one in my 2005 F-250. Any ideas if this mod would work on a 2005 radio?

I found out about the radio (manufacture) when I was trying to find a I-Pod Aux to run my I-Pod through the stock 6-CD radio. P.I.E. confirmed that they have real problems because every manufacturer of the 6-CD does not produce the EXACT SAME.

My advise, look at my wiring diagram and the photo in the article. If it is not EXACT - I would not do it.

I don't want any of you guys to blow up your radio.

I don't know if the Excursion made the RRC with the new stock 6-CD as an option for the 05. Worth looking into.

If the console is the same (look at my Webshots - under "Picture Always Better Then Words". If the console is the same, then you may be able to get the parts, at least for the cup holders. The hole can always be covered and painted with a plastic cover.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Puddle Pirate said:
You will note, that I put you on my Christmas list at the bottom of the article!! :hail

I noticed that Gordon, all I did was pre-read it, you did all the work.

JohnBoyToo

Reaction score
Christmas List ? Can we open a gift on Christmas Eve Daddy !!??!!

Question - I missed the write up the first looksee
since it was categorized under 99-03 7.3L

Is it possible it may be more universal than that ?
just askin' !!!! :)

Puddle Pirate

Pillage For Diesel
Reaction score
Well, I figure it SHOULD work on 99-04 (04). If it were my truck, I probably would not try it on an 05 since the radio, wiring and plugs on the back of the 05 radio are different. There is just not enough information on the 05's available.

You have to have the 2 plug ins on the back of the radio. On the 04 and lower, if it is capable of plugging in an external 6-CD factory unit, then the RRC will work. Alot of it has to do with the internal switching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online