"lingerie" for your turbo and intercooler

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a couple of manufacturers that make accessories for your turbo/intercooler setup....
www.thermotec.com .....their new "lace up" heat shield wrap for intake tubing sparked my twisted idea for the title. They also feature a turbo insulating kit too. Keep in mind guys, be careful of wrapping welded tubing on the exhaust output side. the weld seams don't take well to thermal wrapping.
www.forgemotorsport.com.....they sell sillicon hoses for your DIY itch. Reinforced hoses ranging from 6mm to 102mm with various humps/bends/kninks for your twisted tubing connections.......
www.quicktimeperformance.com.......for those of you in the "loud pipes saves lives" camp, they have a electrically operated exhaust cutout ;Sweet Now you can plumb your exhaust and hear your turbo when you want to and be quiet for the neighbors when you get home.
links were found in the june issue of Performance Racing Industry(really bad trade rag for your wallet) :eek:

Last edited:

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. How did you know I just pulled the grill and did a test fit of the SD intercooler?

Last edited:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JPR said:
Thanks for the information. How did you know I just pulled the grill and did a test fit of the SD intercooler?

(There is an extra period after the "com" on the last link)
It's fixed ;Sweet
You can thank Rob(F350camper) for prodding my to read through the mag. I generally stay away from looking through it due to the problems with my wallet :backoff