Line-x or Rhino?

82fordtruck

Reaction score
Well - which one's better?

I like the way line-x looks, and the warranty. I've heard bad things about both.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
NRA had a write up about how line-x is used in bullet/explosion proof situations where it helps contain fragments etc. I say if it can stand an explosion, it is good enough for me! Never know when that propane may light off...

82fordtruck

Reaction score
I read that - very impressive. It didn't address seperation from the base metal, however. Much of that was done on cinder block, but a fail amount of steel.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I have had both and I will pick Rhino any day of the week - In fact I have both on my current truck (bed is linex and tailgate is rhino). The biggest difference between them is when you place something on the linex coating it will slide from one end of the truck to the other everytime you stop or take off but with the rhino you can place a card board box back there and just short of drive like Mario Andretti and it will stay right where you placed it. This has it's advantages and disadvantages like say your shoving something in the bed that is heavy then that means you actually have to get up in the truck and place it in the bed not just get it up on the tailgate and shove but when your hauling groceries you don't have to worry about them ending up all over the bed - this is more important to me than having the ability the slide things in the bed.

Both fade if exposed to the sun with no protection.

Both will peal off the bed if the prep work is not done properly.

Both put up with a real beating during tossing concrete in the bed of the truck.

But as mentioned I like the fact that things don't slide around on Rhino.

Mr_Roboto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my new '02 F350 Line-X'd. As was said above, the stuff is just a little too slippery for my taste.

I had to laugh, they said they were going to color match the liner. Well my truck was midnight grey - they must have color matched it in the shade because it was nowhere close.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
argve, thank you for posting your opinion on the LineX - Rhino debate. Helped me make a decision big time. I'm disabled and it's almost impossible for me to crawl into the bed to place things with out having a 2 step ladder to get up there.

Looks like LineX is the way for me to go so I get a slip n slide when I get her painted this summer. I can use a piece of 2x4 to keep the groceries at the back.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
TonkaDoc - Yep so in your case the LineX would be a better choice - when you compare them side by side one does not come out the shining winner for everyone. For me not having to crawl my fat butt up in under the cover to retrieve groceries fits me better because it seem that when something does slide Sherm is no where to be found to retrieve it so here I am wiggling in under the tonnoue cover to get that one solitary freaking can of beans that broke free and is now sitting perched in the upper end of the bed laughing at me :rolleyes: -cuss

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in this topic too, as I want to line the Lady Moose. Since non-IDI's may have valid comments, I'm moving it with a redirector for maximum coverage.

EMD Diesel Power

Misguided Trident
Reaction score
argve said:
TonkaDoc - Yep so in your case the LineX would be a better choice - when you compare them side by side one does not come out the shining winner for everyone. For me not having to crawl my fat butt up in under the cover to retrieve groceries fits me better because it seem that when something does slide Sherm is no where to be found to retrieve it so here I am wiggling in under the tonnoue cover to get that one solitary freaking can of beans that broke free and is now sitting perched in the upper end of the bed laughing at me :rolleyes: -cuss

:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

Now you've done it.... insulted the can o beans.... next time its going to fall down through the tie-down hole up front and rest on the framerail. :D

82fordtruck

Reaction score
Agnem said:
I'm interested in this topic too, as I want to line the Lady Moose. Since non-IDI's may have valid comments, I'm moving it with a redirector for maximum coverage.

Yeah, I wasn't too specific about what I am getting lined, but I think everyone knew......

tgatch

Reaction score
I've got Line-X in our 2001 F150, 2004 F350, and on the inside of the 1981 CJ-5 Tub. Both the F150 and F350 have had tons of dirt and rock shoveled in and out and it holds up like a champ. As a matter of Fact the F350 moved 2 yards of drain rock last weekend and it held up great. I was kind of concerned how it would hold up when they dumped the scoop into the bed. Looks great still.

The only thing I have ever noticed about Rhino is if you are in a high heat area it begins to sag a bit on the sides. Almost like it looks like it is melting.

82fordtruck

Reaction score
tgatch said:
I've got Line-X in our 2001 F150, 2004 F350, and on the inside of the 1981 CJ-5 Tub. Both the F150 and F350 have had tons of dirt and rock shoveled in and out and it holds up like a champ. As a matter of Fact the F350 moved 2 yards of drain rock last weekend and it held up great. I was kind of concerned how it would hold up when they dumped the scoop into the bed. Looks great still.

The only thing I have ever noticed about Rhino is if you are in a high heat area it begins to sag a bit on the sides. Almost like it looks like it is melting.

I have heard and seen this also regarding the Rhino.

Update: The dealer is insisting that Rhino is a better product and that they cannot do a Line X. The salesman that sold me the truck suggested that I pay the difference. I have it in writing that I will get a "line x" bed liner. So, now we are ighting about this trivial matter. The commercial guy was just yelling at me over it. What a stupid thing - why cannot I just get what I want, I did pay for it?

Luckily, the owner of the line x company lives in my little town, so I am going to meet him soon and he called the dealership to see if he could help get this ironed out. I'll just feel better if he is on my side, and I know he'll do a good job.

What a pain in the butt!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is a 5th wheel hitch handled with either brand? Do they encapsulate the rails, or avoid them altogether? Looks like a bad thing to have moisture getting under that stuff.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online