Lift pumps for the truck

DGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock lift pump stock truck 50% wmo 50% deisel

2003 Dodge cummins all stock no mod 132000 miles on truck.

460429_freak

Crazy about diesels
Reaction score
well I'm running a advance auto parts pump (was listed as purlator) but they don't sell them any more I'm going to move up to the holly "blue pump" for the extra gph rating on running wmo.... blend is 70-30...just watch your oil I got a bad batch with water clogged my filters on my filter unit after 30 gallons

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
well ive been thinking that if i run 100% on a electric vane pump im afrade that ill burn the damn thing up but i guess that there arnt that many options out there i guess ill fab up something or just keep to the stocker
i dont know i was thinking of putting a cat 3406E lift pump on my truck some how its a gear pump

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, I want a pump that will last. I have a Blue and a regulator just havent put it on yet. The stock one just aint cuttin it for heavy fuel.

DGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have any of you used the fass pump that comes as a kit with new fuel lines
and can get it with heater and spin on filters. I have a fuel gauge on the way
from genos to check the lift pump pressure past the filter on my 03 dodge.
they carry the fass replacment lift pump kits.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
A fass is WAY overkill for an IDI. I dont know specs but I think it will push too much pressure.

ya thats what i think that a fass is over kill for the idi ive been running wmo about 75 25 and its been pretty chilly here and it doesnt want to fire up it does eventually
but ya i want a pump that can handle 100% wmo with ease

460429_freak

Crazy about diesels
Reaction score
well here is my thougth ... I saw somewhere wher somebody put a glow plug in his fliter housing and left it on full time (as a heater) I've thought of the same concept right after the seltor vavle... I think a holley blue pump will work I think I'll run mine with out the regulator (for extra pushing power) all it will do is make the return line work harder.....

rkpatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A Master E8012S pumpfrom Autozone or Advance works ( a little stouter than those cube pumps)

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
A Master E8012S pumpfrom Autozone or Advance works ( a little stouter than those cube pumps)

so what is this little gem? got any more info?

been running up to a 50/50 mix on the stock system no problem but with he current fuel prices i want to step it up.

Last edited:

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
so what is this little gem? got any more info?

been running up to a 50/50 mix on the stock system no problem but with he current fuel prices i want to step it up.

yes please more info i want to step it up a bit also diesel here is 4.99 a gallon

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online