Keyless entry?

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Howdy Gang!

What all do I need to buy to remotely trigger the door locks on my '94? If it were the expedient solution, I'm not opposed to a basic alarm system. Can someone please point me in the right direction?
TIA

77f250diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the Viper 211HV in my Thunderbird and it's been working flawless for abt. 5 yrs. now.
Shop around some, I'm pretty sure I got mine abt. $10 cheaper than what Amazon shows.

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used the Viper 211HV in my Thunderbird and it's been working flawless for abt. 5 yrs. now.
Shop around some, I'm pretty sure I got mine abt. $10 cheaper than what Amazon shows.
Does the Viper have to interface with the ECM on the vehicle? Or is it a stand-alone box that I would just have to pigtail my door lock solenoids into?

77f250diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's stand alone, pretty easy hook up once you identify the lock/unlock wires and if it's - or + trip.

Reaction score
I have systems in both my 91 F250 and my 93 Suburban. Nothing fancy. Maybe $20 on Amazon and the instructions were a joke, but they work just fine. I hid the units in behind the kick panel.

Mike

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't have a ecm.
Personally I like the 2 way systems.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yes, I know. You're not the only rocket scientist on The Block:rolleyes:
The fact that we don't have an ECM is precisely why I was asking the question...
Since you chimed in, do you have any input on a system that would work with my keyless door entry on my RV as well as the truck?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Most of the kits are fairly universal.
Now working with the factory keyless entry, I'm not entirely sure. But I also don't know that it would be much different.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Thanks, do you have a link to what you used?

I used different ones, for no good reason really.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006QH9C5A/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XYHRLS4/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A how-to that I wrote, posted on the 'other' site: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/...ll-but-applies-to-obs-as-well.html?styleid=26

BTW, skip my comments re: using Bulldog. I installed their unit and it was crap. The cheap chinese kits have been rock solid.

Mike

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online