Key Actuator Question

StephenZ

Reaction score
Got a guy that brought in a 2006 6.0 to me and said the key isn’t working. After digging into the column I found the actual actuator was broken.

It’s a tilt column so it’s a 2 piece actuator, it’s the actuator piece actually in the column not the one that the key engages.

In the picture, it’s not the one that the writing is pointing towards. It’s the piece that that one connects to in the column, however, it will not come out and I cannot find a part number.

Worst case I have another column sitting on the shelf that’s about to get out in because the 2nd piece of this actuator will not come out plus I cannot find it and ford doesn’t offer any knowledge as well on the piece I’m talking about.

Anyone ever had to change that piece out? Once again not the actuator piece that the writing is pointing at, but the piece that the key actuator connects to, that goes down to the ignition actuator with the rod in it.

Attachments

• 570A6D43-2EED-405F-9EC1-37DDF753A13B.jpeg
    570A6D43-2EED-405F-9EC1-37DDF753A13B.jpeg
    154.2 KB · Views: 9

RanniWins

Reaction score
It appears that you are facing an issue with the actuator in the tilt column of a 2006 6.0 vehicle. The specific piece you are referring to, which connects to the key actuator and goes down to the ignition actuator with the rod, is causing difficulty and you are unable to find a part number or information from Ford.

In such cases, it can be helpful to explore the following options:

Consult with a Professional: Reach out to a professional mechanic or an automotive technician who specializes in Ford vehicles. They may have encountered this issue before and can provide guidance based on their experience. I use WWT in these cases

Online Ford Forums: Engage with online Ford forums and communities where owners and enthusiasts share their knowledge and experiences. Ask for advice or search for similar threads discussing this specific actuator piece in the tilt column. Members may provide insights, potential solutions, or part number information based on their own experiences.

Salvage Yards: Contact local salvage yards or junkyards that specialize in Ford vehicles. They often have a range of parts available from various models and years. Inquire if they have the specific actuator piece you need or if they can source it for you.

Explore Aftermarket Options: Consider reaching out to aftermarket suppliers or manufacturers that specialize in replacement parts for Ford vehicles. They may offer alternative solutions or compatible parts for the broken actuator piece.