KDP questions/info

superswamper_8

Reaction score
New here and to diesels to bare with me here. I just picked up my first 1st gen 12v about a week ago and absolutly love it!! But the KDP has got me really nervous, so Im gonna go ahead a take care of it NOW!! The fix itself is a peace of cake thats not the problem. The problem is Ive been outta work for I dont know how long and dont have the extra cash to pick up a new gasket/seal kit and some new oil and a filter, plus Im still good for another 2000 mile on my oil.
So my question is, Can this fix be done without changing my oil? When I pop my timing cover am I going to loose a bunch of oil?
Im not worried about the seals Ill very gently pull the cover, clean them up and reinstall them, even if it leaks a little thats ok, the KDP will be fixed and I can confedently drive the truck around to look for work and not have to worry about it leaving me stranded. Thanks for any advise.
Picture of the truck, 89 LE250 12v, 727, D70 w/ 4.31s, 152K on the ticker, runs like a top and straight as an arrow.
You must be registered for see images attach

superswamper_8

Reaction score
Fixed the KDP today;Sweet Now I can sleep at night.
The pin looked good an tight still.

Fabbed up a little tab with a step in it.

And installed it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online

No members online now.