Just go for a 4" lift kit.

Rossroams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if you use the Tuff Country 2" lifted springs be sure to use the longer drop brackets from "Protune Suspension" I believe; I just found mine on EBay though.

Rossroams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well this is a longtime update on the TTB trials, after ordering the longer drop brackets and finding out that at the highest adjustment point I was at a slight positive camber 1-2 degrees I decided to fix it. I went back to protune to order their "mini leaf pack" 2" lift. After receiving the lift I put some trigonometry to the test. I formed a right angle equation with my adjacent side of 16"... radius of 32" tires. Performed a Tangent function and found the distance across that is equal to the distance/angle needed to lift the axle back to more or less the correct height to make the tires ride square. The distance was .42" and adding 2 the mini leaf slats and taking away the previous leaf pad brought me to almost square with the tire. Tan(1.5)=X/16.... (16)Tan(1.5)=X CAN I GET A HELL YEAH???

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has had 35x12.5x16.5's on it for years. And I only have the dana 44hd ttb. Ran a plow on the front for about 8 years also. Have put one set of balljoints in it so far. No wheel bearing or hub problems.

Koch13351

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 37x12.50r16.5 on mine with 4” lift. No body trimming necessary and no rubbing issues.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 37x12.50r16.5 on mine with 4” lift. No body trimming necessary and no rubbing issues.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our 16.5 rims are pretty much done for aren't they? What are your plans? It looks like you are running the military tires? How long will that supply last? The Interco's are too high for me and too aggressive also.