Just found this Forum

Robert Siliani

Reaction score
Hi, Bob Here. Just wanted to post a quick hello to everyone. Just found this site and already learning alot. I'm new to learning about Diesels and I wished I found this site before I purchased my first one. You see, I purchased a 18 year old truck with 300,000 miles and didn't know it's history very well. It ran well, until it didn't. I was a victim of captivation of the engine probably due to coolant issues slowly eating away at the cylinder until a hole was formed. I haven't pulled the engine apart to see the damage but I suspect at least one cylinder with a hole, bad injector, bent push rod, etc. Signs of impending doom was leaking radiator and then bad starter. Antifreeze is filling up the cylinders instead of air. Oil in coolant and coolant in oil. Well, that doesn't stop me, well at least not for long. Planning a rebuild/resleeve of original block or install a re manufactured long block. Love the truck and it is still cheaper than getting a newer ( used) truck with a history I still won't be certain of. I'll be posting other threads soon.

matthew mcelhaney

Reaction score
I joined not to long ago myself. There is a plethora of knowledge here that I have only just begun to tap into. Lots of money and wasted time to be saved here if you ask the correct questions. Make sure you check out some of the guys on here like classic diesel designs when you start your build. Good high quality parts for stock or performance upgrades. Good luck with your build.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! I found this forum also shortly after buying my first IDI, and it's really due to all of these IDI enablers that I've turned "just a truck" into a hobby, another truck, friends, camping trips all over the country, maybe another truck.... heehee