Introduction to the IDI Tech forums. All Newbies start here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the OilBurners.net 1983 to 1994 IDI Technical discussion forum. This forum is for technical discussions relating to any F or E series Ford truck featuring the 6.9 or 7.3 IDI (non Powerstroke) engine. We encourage non-technical and community oriented discussions to take place in the Lounge.

Here in this forum, you will find a wealth of information already available, and people ready to help with any problem you might have. Keep in mind that some topics have multiple views, and there is not always one way to do things. If you disagree with what someone has written, be sure to point out why you feel they are wrong, but challenge the post and not the poster. We like to keep this a family safe resource, and the best the net has to offer.

At the top of this forum, is the IDI Tech Articles section, which features content addressing specific items of repetitive interest which require an in depth explaination. There are currently 2 pages of Articles currently featured and include:

Gear Splitters and what they do
Diagnostic Trouble Codes and the E4OD
What is the FIPL (and how to adjust it)
Converting the 6.9 OEM glow plug system to the 7.3 system
Repairing the light in your factory radio
Servicing the fuel injection pump and injectors
Facts about Cavitation (and if you don't know what it is, you MUST read this)

So remember, when looking at the tech articles section, check all the pages!

Articles for publication on OilBurners.net are always welcome. Contact me for guidance on suggested formats, and topics of interest.

In addition to the above articles, common frequently asked questions will be addressed in the FAQ Thread as submissions come in. If you have a post that you feel should be incorporated into this sticky, please send a PM to me so that I can include it.

On behalf of myself and the OilBurners staff and community, we welcome you to the home of IDI power on the net.

Best regards, Mel (your IDI forum Moderator)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.