Intermittent wiper problems

shawn deere

So many wrenches, so little time...
Reaction score
anyone know where i can pickup that black box by the fuse block that controls the intermittent wipers?
Thanks!

Reaction score
It is a common issue for them to crack solder joints. It's because of the violent shock they receive every time you pop the parking brake. Take yours out, open it up, and take a look. I was able to fix mine by just reflowing the joints again.

Mike

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just smack the dash when it stops working, works for me lol.

Seriously, I'm pretty sure I saw them on RockAuto but they're like $50. I'll fix it.... eventually...

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forget what happened to mine but I was able to fix it. Getting to it was the worst part.

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine out of local salvage yard for like 10-15 dollars, I always search for the newest looking parts as there are many trucks of bricknose era around here

shawn deere

So many wrenches, so little time...
Reaction score
I got mine out of local salvage yard for like 10-15 dollars, I always search for the newest looking parts as there are many trucks of bricknose era around here
Im jealous. There are few here in the rust belt left....

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to go through that yards like once every couple weeks to make sure nothing cool popped up everything goes for pretty cheap, picked up a 6 inch full procomp lift looked almost new for 250 bucks from brake lines to drivelines on a 90f150 a couple months ago. anything not stock goes for cheap

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when these go out do they cause no wipers or intermittent movement? mine move then stop then move some more then stop. Works better on lower speeds, can still slip up/stop though. I thought the motor was failing or some gears slipping...

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when these go out do they cause no wipers or intermittent movement? mine move then stop then move some more then stop. Works better on lower speeds, can still slip up/stop though. I thought the motor was failing or some gears slipping...

They can... How do they work on high? If high is FINE then its probably the intermittent governor. If you still have issues on high its most likely your motor going out.

High speed doesn't go through the governor box. Low and intermittent do.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They can... How do they work on high? If high is FINE then its probably the intermittent governor. If you still have issues on high its most likely your motor going out.

High speed doesn't go through the governor box. Low and intermittent do.
High is the worst. Glad I bought a motor a few seasons ago, guess my suspicions were right. Thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
E Moeller