interesting ford rumor

Discussion in 'Rumor mill' started by rip van sparky, Sep 21, 2006.

1. rip van sparky

rip van sparky Registered User

Okay, so I see the rumor mill has powered back up so I thought that I would add my own little batch to the grind. A friend of mine works for a company that repairs locomotives. About a couple of months ago he comes up to me and says that a parts rep from Navistar told him that Ford paid International 70 million dollars to be released from their contract. Ford supposedly feels that they can produce diesel engines cheaper in house than buying them. I personally feel that IF any of this isn't a load (I have done NO research into this) that Ford just wants to be in a position to snap up that cummins when Dodge starts using M/B engines. Ford would then rule the planet.

2. TheBAT

TheBAT Registered User

I would definitely buy a ford with a cummins in it.

Kev

3. woodsrat

woodsrat Full Access Member

In our local paper the other day it said the ford and chevy are to merge:rotflmao You guys are getting a D-max motor

4. Exekiel69

Exekiel69 Registered User

If ford had cummins installed from factory dodge and chev would not sale one more truck.

5. Swany

Swany Consiglieri

i'd take one in a heartbeat:rotflmao

6. tbirdfiend281

tbirdfiend281 Full Access Member

like the days of the di 7.3s right? lol

fords going to be using the 6.4 from navistar in the new superduty's, but fords new diesel manufacturing plant they came out with is going to produce the diesel for the f150, rumor is, its a 4.4L based off the 3.6L motor that has already been desighned.

and ford is right if they wanna start doing it in house, back when ford owned what is now sterling, they had alot less differential and driveline problems, almost none, but when they sold them off, wam problems came.

imo i think ford should build everything they make like they usta, hopefully, they can make a good diesel motor to

7. sle2115

sle2115 NRA LIFE MEMBER Staff Member

You honestly don't believe that do you? Think for a minute of the gas to diesel truck ratio. Not only that, the Duramax is not a bad combo as is. Having driven several new fords, I prefer the way the GM's and Dodges drive, Cummins or no, I don't like the way the new Fords drive.

8. scheid6996

scheid6996 scheid6996

o come on, the best looking truck- ford, and the moter that builds the most power- cummins, that would be the best selling truck of all times

9. sle2115

I like the Cummins, just don't care much for the Ford. I don't even think it is close to the best looking truck personally, but to each his own. I could also care less about looks when driving one is more like balancing a basketball on a broom handle. The other thing to consider, which is what I was pointing out, the diesel market is a small percentage of light duty truck sales, just the facts. Most people won't lay out the extra $10,000 or more for a diesel equipped truck, especially when fuel costs are such that gas is substantially lower per gallon. We are seeing gas at $2.09 here with diesel hanging in at $2.79! You and I know they are great, but the general public aint shelling out the bucks for them. Just read a couple articles about how bad off light truck sales are. AND if Toyota were to launch a diesel, I would bet it would give a Ford/Cummins a run for it's money in sales, like it or not, Toyota is and has been for a long time a tough competitor. When I was pricing trucks, they were $3000 to $5000 less for comparably equipped gas trucks as well and drove better than any. Not to mention, that power rear window is just plain cool! :)

10. TheBAT

TheBAT Registered User

I personally like the looks of the Ford truck. However the Dodge has the cummins, and in a recent magazine the Chevrolet was considered the hotrod of the top 3. All of the drivers actually chose the Chevrolet as the best truck overall...

Kev

11. obinella

obinella Registered User

yep das de truff, gonna call it the flo-max.

12. obinella

obinella Registered User

ford's built it's own diesel's for years. i always wondered why they used an out side source.

13. sle2115

Theirs didn't meet their QC standards!!! :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

14. Ak HDM

Ak HDM member

FOrd used engines from the farm tractor division at one time in the medium duty trucks, but I was told they couldn't meet federal emission regs so the quit using them & later got rid of the tractor division.

15. tbirdfiend281

tbirdfiend281 Full Access Member

in the diesel power magazine the duramx dynoed at the most power, 2nd was cummins 3rd was the powerstroke that of coarse all stock 06 dualies