Intercooler pipe routing options (pics)

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have asked this question before, and spent many hours googling various ideas, I figured I would collaborate all of the pictures I have saved over time for others to view. Use them for inspiration, what you wont ever do, what you want to do, or just for the sake of looking. I am posting other peoples work. If for any reason anyone has a problem with that please let me know. I can for the most part remember whose vehicles they are so if you wish to ask the owner more questions I may be able to get you their name. I got most of these from facebook, but thought I would share here.
You must be registered for see images attach

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you had 1/2 of Jeremy's pic up, but you didn't put the pipes up.
this is by far my favorite charge pipe set up.

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just hadnt gotten there yet but Thanks. I have a few more pics to upload of intake manifold ideas and such when the computer decides to work tomorrow!

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree it is absolutely gorgeous to look at the way he ran his ic piping for that 088. I am in love with it as I know you also are!

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since with intercooling you sometimes also want to do a cold air intake or a ghost tube I figure I will include a couple.

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The last one is my setup. Hypermax intercooler Ats 093

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The last one is my setup. Hypermax intercooler Ats 093

Great post and thanks for the pictures. Could you please share more details about your intercooler set up? I've got a ats 093 and I'm looking to go a similar route.

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is just the hypermax intercooler kit they still sell. I would not have bought the kit on my own but when i bought my turbo kit off craigslist it came with the intercooler for a price i couldn't pass up. It however is a very good kit with a big honkin intercooler. I swear it weighs 50 pounds. Its heavy. 2'' piping works great with ats 093 and not too much modification to do it. Biggest modification is drilling two 4'' holes in the core support. Hypermax has great support and gave me the install instructions since the kit didnt come with them. They also sold me the couple extra parts i was missing. Only other modification I did for the install was since my core support had previously cracked, I rewelded the cracks, then fit a piece of 1/8'' angle iron over the entire top of it in order to give more strength to the core support. The intercooler is like 3'' thick too. It is placed in front of the ac condesor, but ac still works great, and rad cooling is not an issue, but also havent towed too heavy 10k maybe, but did great. I have had no complaints with it, only complaint would be if you bought new the $1500 price tag is steep. When I have been towing or even driving empty egts stay down, and boost is great (actually it is my limiting factor seeings how im not studded). I do not have any comparison though as i went from n/a to turbod and intercooled.

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is just the hypermax intercooler kit they still sell. I would not have bought the kit on my own but when i bought my turbo kit off craigslist it came with the intercooler for a price i couldn't pass up. It however is a very good kit with a big honkin intercooler. I swear it weighs 50 pounds. Its heavy. 2'' piping works great with ats 093 and not too much modification to do it. Biggest modification is drilling two 4'' holes in the core support. Hypermax has great support and gave me the install instructions since the kit didnt come with them. They also sold me the couple extra parts i was missing. Only other modification I did for the install was since my core support had previously cracked, I rewelded the cracks, then fit a piece of 1/8'' angle iron over the entire top of it in order to give more strength to the core support. The intercooler is like 3'' thick too. It is placed in front of the ac condesor, but ac still works great, and rad cooling is not an issue, but also havent towed too heavy 10k maybe, but did great. I have had no complaints with it, only complaint would be if you bought new the $1500 price tag is steep. When I have been towing or even driving empty egts stay down, and boost is great (actually it is my limiting factor seeings how im not studded). I do not have any comparison though as i went from n/a to turbod and intercooled.

Thanks! Looking at your sig line, I'd like to read more about your truck and see pictures too. I've intercooled a few gassers, so I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to figure out how to plumb it. What I'm wondering is what you did to make the stock airbox work. Did you get or make a modified snail?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online