INTAKE PAN/GASKET NEEDED.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I am looking for an intake pan/gasket for this Barn Find IDI Camper Van that Ron Butts is getting running for me. Sounds like they are discontinued so if you have a good one that you would be willing to sell, please let me know. Thanks!!

Attachments

• 20211222_091817.jpg
    20211222_091817.jpg
    498.1 KB · Views: 7

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Good luck, lately we've been having to reuse 'good' ones.

FrozenMerc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your only hope is to find one sitting in the back of an auto parts store somewhere.

The Napa in Fruitport, MI may just have one. I would give them a call. The only store that shows this within 60 miles of Grand Rapids.

You must be registered for see images attach

ih8minimumwage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're careful during disassembly, they can be cleaned up and re-sealed with RTV. Just did mine due to boosting past the rear seal, and no new issues yet.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck finding a new one, here are a couple threads on the Valley Pan.
Been in short supply since good old Joe been runnin things..... into the ground.

I saw one on E-bay for $999.99

Goat

Last edited:

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
I still find it crazy these things are out of stock everywhere. Been like that for what 2 years now? Every other gasket can be bought all day long but no valley pans.

Has anyone tried calling fel pro or victor reinz to see what the hold up is?

FrozenMerc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still find it crazy these things are out of stock everywhere. Been like that for what 2 years now? Every other gasket can be bought all day long but no valley pans.

Has anyone tried calling fel pro or victor reinz to see what the hold up is?
I work for a Tier 1 auto parts supplier, and based on my companies current experiences, my guess is that since this "gasket" requires a metal deep draw stamping that is undoubtedly made in China by a factory that is most likely furloughed due to China's ridiculous "0 COVID" policy, and Fel-Pro probably doesn't have the tooling or capabilities to make this unusual style of gasket at a different factory, and the justification and dollars aren't there to re-tool the gasket for a few hundred pieces a year, they will sit on it for now by instituting "Force-Majeure" to their customers on this and many other low volume - difficult to manufacture parts.

My company has seen similar issues on many stamping parts made in China forcing us to on-shore the production if it is feasible, move the production to other Low Cost Countries (India, Vietnam, and Turkey are the current favorites), or obsolete the parts if neither of those other options are viable.

Last edited:

Diskimage

Reaction score
I found a place that seems to have them just this week. It cost about $150 including shipping. It should arrive tomorrow hopefully there is actually a valley pan gasket in the box when it gets here. I will post an update tomorrow once I get it.

Diskimage

Reaction score
Would work on a 6.9 also?
As far as I know, there is no difference in the gasket between the 7.3 and 6.9.
The 6.9 does not have the coolant ports on the heads plugged like the 7.3 so a good seal with the gasket is more important on the 6.9.
I will be putting this on my 6.9.

Diskimage

Reaction score
It arrived and seems to be correct. It is just the valley pan, no rubber grommet so you will need to buy that separately if you need it.
Packing could be better, but I think that always happens with these.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could sell your old one on E-Bay for $500, vintage, rare and lightly driven.
There was a new one for something like $900.

Goat

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It arrived and seems to be correct. It is just the valley pan, no rubber grommet so you will need to buy that separately if you need it.

Thanks! I just ordered one. I've missed it a couple times so figured I'd better get one now if they actually have them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online