Intake Heater Wire relay, where does it go?

IDIDREW

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have a friend helping me with a Duramax project. Issue is we recieved the engine taken apart so its impossible to trace how it was put together.

Truck: 2003 CA Duramax

The issue: Starting from the intake heater there is a wire going to a relay and from that relay there is a wire going out. This wire going out is what our question is in regards to. This wire in our minds might be routed to the glow plug control module

Questions:

1. Does someone with a CA emissions 2003/2004 truck mind taking a few photos or video? Possibly tracing from the intake air heater to the relay and from the relay to the glow plug control module?

2. If you have any additional instructions, photos, threads that I missed please feel free to point me in the right direction.

IDIDREW

Reaction score
This is the Glow Plug Control Module. You can see that there is a single Hot wire in. Slightly below that wire is another black wire. I am wondering if that is coming from the Intake Heater Relay which is in the next post.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

IDIDREW

Reaction score
The image below is is the intake heater wire on the left side and on the right is the wire I am hoping to find out what it connects to. If anyone can trace this wire back and show me what it connects to that would be fantastic.

Last edited:

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I'm not sure which exact wire you're asking about.
But Google "LB7 glow plug relay wiring diagram."

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

IDIDREW

Reaction score
I'm not sure which exact wire you're asking about.
But Google "LB7 glow plug relay wiring diagram."

In post number 3 you see two rubber nubs covering electrical wires. The one on the left runs to the Air Intake Heater. The one on the right I am not sure where it runs to. My thought is that it may go to the Glow Plug Control module (first picture in post number 2) as that is where power is.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I can't find anything specific. That picture is for a ca emissions model. Is that your picture? Or one you found on the web?