Installed a MBRP Downpipe & Exhaust

Ramprat

Inside your OODA
Reaction score
In all honesty after my dealings (or lack thereof) with MBRP and there customer service I can't recommend them to anybody and chances are would never purchase another MBRP product.

I was told by MBRP to remove the brace, nothing about the ****** way the hangars lined up was ever addressed, nothing about how when we called the customer service line for advice we were basically told it works and we must be doing something wrong.

It's taken how long for it to finally get installed and I'm not over joyed about how the system sits & uses the stock hangars.

Sure it sounds nice and I have noticed some improvement, but it's not worth all the hassle and heartburn I've had over the system.

I'd rather have the stock one back, at least the stock system worked and had no problems.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
I was just about to order this same system. I'm thinking I'll look for something else. Is everyone having this much trouble with MBRP? Even if you install the auto tranny system on an auto tranny truck?

auto install is n problem
but you may want to check with dale at tymar

Ladman

Ladman
Reaction score
I have a 1999 F350, with a 6spd in it. Im looking at geting the MBRP 4" turbo back dual exhaust system for it. Im i going to run into the same problems with it being a stick?

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
Ditto what Russ said. I had the MBRP turbo-to-tail aluminized system in my '01 Stroke that had the bolt action. Other than getting the old system out and the down pipe installed, it was easy as pie. I did have some trouble with the first section of pipe rattling against the bolt in the trannie crossmember but that was only at idle. Some tweaking of the pipe by loosening the clamps and rotating it away from the frame made the problem go away.

Alwaysreadyrob

2002 7.3 POWERSTROKE 4x4
Reaction score
thanks for the post !
I have the 1994 7.3 IDI 4x4 so do you think I would not have the same problems as you ?
what about going with the diamond eye exhaust ? any better of a match up ? I'm looking to go dual exhaust.