Reaction score
This is all I can pull out for codes.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wondering: how many miles do you have on the oil? It does take a long time to purge the air out after you change injectors, but if you are getting any air in the oil (like foaming from lots of miles on the oil) it will most likely never really purge. These engines really do need the right oil (think about how the injectors work, they are very hydraulic) and I've seen more than one no start powerstroke fixed with an oil change.

If it's pretty fresh don't give it a thought, but if it's been in there many moons, or it wasn't diesel specific oil, it could be your issue.

slam1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's changed often. I had changed it recently but I will change it. Stupid to run used oil through new injectors anyway. Sounds even dumber when I read it.......

slam1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it to fire off and run. It's still not right. It will rev up. Only clears up at 1300 rpm and up. Will idle but rough. Won't rev down to an idle but I can start it with no throttle and it will idle but rough. I have had a bit of experience with gas motors and it acts alot like cam/ crank sensor correlation.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Higher rpm.
If can keep it from dying, some wot runs should clear it out.
But.... it's possible you have a few injectors not firing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

slam1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I rebuilt them. All within tolerances. Everything should work. Never imagined it would take this to purge.

slam1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New valve cover gaskets and harnesses. Might not matter but I did replace them. Just tried to crank it. Wouldn't fully start. Still got air?

slam1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, got it to fire again. Ran it for half an hour doing some WOT hits. Clears up over 1500 rpm. I let it idle for ten minutes. Still idling rough. Stuck my hand in the front wheel wells driver side was pretty hot but passenger side was cold. Put my hand right on the manifold on all four. Cold. I thinking I unplugged the injectors with the valve cover or the injector harness is junk. Thoughts?