injector smoke / truck died while driving / rebuilt injectors / wont refire

slam1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man................. Does it really take this long to get the air out?????? Holy smoke! I actually got it to run briefly last night but it didnt run to well. Back to the shop this morning to see if this thing will run. Seriously, is there any way to cut down on the cranking time if I ever have to do this again?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
You could make some adapters to use a porta power filled with engine oil and pump in through the icp hole (or one of the other ports) but will still need cranking.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

slam1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The service engine soon light stays on while I'm cranking..... Is this an issue?

slam1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No codes. Could be my crappy code reader. It tries on the initial hit but nothing after the first 3 seconds.

slam1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went and bought a decent code reader and it won't connect to my truck. FML! Truck started but ran like only two injectors were working. Full throttle was 750 rpm. Now it just turns over quickly again. There's no way it should take this long.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
It may still have air, but could be the uvch or idm. I would still pull the idm and shake it

slam1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll check the IDM. The UVCH is the harness built into the valve cover gaskets? If so they are new and securely plugged in.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Those are the ones. What brand were they? Some have been known to be bad right out of the box. (Dorman, probably others as well)

slam1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I think they were. Got em at O'Reilly's. Can I check them with a test light while turning it over? or is there a better way?