Injector lines 88 f250 7.3

Harold

Reaction score
Looking for Injector lines or #1 line for my 88 f250 7.3 idi

goldsjos18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was always told that injector lines should be replaced once removed as they could leak.

goldsjos18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was always told any pressure receiving flare fitting should be replaces once tightened down then removed once again

goldsjos18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry let me rephrase that i was always told that once you install a pressurized flare fitting it should be replaced if it is removed

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Please tell this forum who told you this... I'm thinking someone may be teasing you some tiny bit.ANY pressurized flair fitting is designed to be used many times. Its how they are made. In all my years of working with very high pressure steam I have never heard of replacing a flair fitting once it has been broken down. Steam at 4200 lbs and 1050 degrees can do many things to metal. Never saw a fitting leak just because we opened it up once or twice.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
What Gary ^ said.

You are repeating what sounds like a stealership service writer's mantra. Never reuse anything, replace it with new.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry let me rephrase that i was always told that once you install a pressurized flare fitting it should be replaced if it is removed

The injector lines are NOT a flare ends, they are bullet shaped and must be inserted straight into the IP and injector. Unlike a flare that can be crushed a little more, the injector lines will not and cannot be crushed.

Kiwif150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was always told that injector lines should be replaced once removed as they could leak.

About the only time you have to replace the injection lines is if they are damaged ...... on later models such as 3.0 hilux (i think you guys call it tacoma) with the 1KD series common rail engines , Toyota recommend that the lines are replaced after being undone and re-tightened more than 3 times. They say this as there is a chance that microscopic metal filings created from the tightening/loosening process could get into the injectors ...... this wont apply in an idi's case as the injector clearances are huge compared to a crd injector.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online