Injector life span

raydav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2001, E350, 22 Ft, cutaway that was a Denver Int hotel shuttle. It weighs 11K.

When I got it it could not carry passengers because the passenger door was damaged. It had 525K on the odometer, and I found reman tags on the engine and trans. I figure a company bean counter penciled it out as not economical to repair. I have put 58K on it.

It has taken us across country and into remote locations. Places where repair or tow is not easy.

I am about to replace the valve cover gaskets and under cover wiring. I replaced the gaskets and wiring once and safety wired the under cover connectors. This time I have gaskets that do not have that connector.

In a van, getting at the area under the valve covers is serious work. I have already redesigned and relocated the filter off the engine which helps a bit. But I had to remove the turbo.

I prefer to replace parts before I need to replace them on the road.

So, wild guess, at what mileage will one of my injectors give me problems? Current is 58K plus whatever was on them when I got it.

If I decide to replace the injectors "just for drill", what are the options?
I do not need the special #8. I redesigned the fuel supply system.

Last edited:

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Hopefully those new UVCH are oem.....
It's hard to say when they'll wear out. All depending on maintenance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

raydav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully those new UVCH are oem.....
It's hard to say when they'll wear out. All depending on maintenance.

I would never expect Ford to get rid of the uncover connector.

"All depending on maintenance"? What maintenance does an injector get?

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They'll give you indications when they are getting tired, otherwise I'd keep on motoring. I've got 203k and 253k on the original injectors and fuel system in both my trucks....STILL going.

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Change The Oil, use good oil and good filters!

my 2003 E350 had over 540,000 km on the original injectors and had no issues at all with injectors yet> synthetic 0w40 in winter and good old rotella T 15w40 in the summer. 10,000 km oil changes (6250miles) retired because the body was falling off! ran beautiful, was just too ugly to be on the road anymore. MTO magnet :(

my new to me is a 96 F250 and according to last owners its still original injectors and turbo at 370,000 miles. this one uses more oil aprox a litre every 2000 miles but still runs great, and haven't seen any smoke out of it yet. I'll be changing oil at 6000miles on this one but not driving in the winter.

these injectors will fail quickly on dirty oil! if you service it who knows how long they will last?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online