Injector Cups

Alwaysreadyrob

2002 7.3 POWERSTROKE 4x4
Reaction score
why would a shop charge 5-6,000.00 to change Injector Cups ?
Is it that much work involved ? Especially if you have the Special removal tool.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yikes. The tool is about $200 and takes some finesse to use, but it’s really not a terrible job.

Sounds like an “I don’t want to do this job” price est

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
That more in the realm of a delete/stud/hg job on a 6.0, still even high then. Lol
New injectors included?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
They just did it without any go ahead?
Appears they already did all the work? If so, could be a small claims thing...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Alwaysreadyrob

2002 7.3 POWERSTROKE 4x4
Reaction score
They told me it wouldnt be more than about $ 2,000.00 total.... so i said....oh, ok... then go ahead and replace the Downpipe as you suggested.
When I went to puck it up THEN they dropped the bomb on me that it was 6,000.00
I had no choice if i wanted my truck but to pull out a credit card and swipe it. I dont go there anymore.

Alwaysreadyrob

2002 7.3 POWERSTROKE 4x4
Reaction score
I know , I am a Captain on a 20 person Hotshot crew in Ca and fire season just really ramped up in May and my crew only gets 2 R & R days in between 16 day fire assignments and this yr they have literally been back to back . This is our 5th assignment.
Currently I took on the roll of the Lions Fire Incident Cimmander and my crew was flown into the Ansel Adams Wilderness for 14 days, they just flew out via helicopter yesterday and today we are closing up shop for the Lions Incident and placing the fire in a patrol by air status.
I know... no excuse but we have been busy, word is after these 2 days off we will be going back to the Ferguson Fire to assist with Repair and rehab of that fire.

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, at this point, and given the time that has passed, although local laws vary, from a practical standpoint, there’s nothing that should be done. Live and learn. Stay safe out there.