Injection pump trouble 240D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I cut it before I centrifuge it, it will probably help pull out more gunk.

This is my new favorite filtration technique. I cut with d-2 then centrifuge at room temp. Pulls out alot of apple butter looking goo and my mix now stays visibly clear at free flowing at lower temps.

paramax55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've gone through a lot of WMO since this thread and most of it was in 5 gallon batches so I could test different "recipes." I've settled on W85 since it gives the most bang for the buck. I can centrifuge and filter at room temp and it burns just fine. Other formulas just made thinner mixtures that cost more and burned the same way.

paramax55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turbo OM617... Um... How do I say this.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's so funny!!!! I thought you were serious for a minute!

paramax55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turbo OM617, I'll allow you to educate me since you're obviously a qualified engineer as well as a professional chemist...

How much slower does diesel burn than gasoline?

What are the main changes to the formulation of diesel in the last 10 years that make it flow better in the winter?

Why doesn't carbon damage soft bearing surfaces, but still damages hardened fuel system components?

Turbo OM617

Reaction score
How much slower does diesel burn than gasoline?
There is no such thing. Flame speed depends on a huge number of factors such as air temperature, injection pressure, injection type (direct/indirect/port injection, number of nozzle holes), cylinder pressure, atomization quality, combustion chamber shape, moisture, EGR percentage, pilot injection, and on and on and on.
This is why a light-duty automotive IDI diesel can rev upwards of 5000rpm while the same bore/stroke DI diesel tops out around 4500rpm.

What are the main changes to the formulation of diesel in the last 10 years that make it flow better in the winter?
Irrelevant to the topic.

Why doesn't carbon damage soft bearing surfaces, but still damages hardened fuel system components?
Bearings have oil clearance (0.0022 range). Injection parts are mated machined surfaces (+/- 0.0002 machining tolerance).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online