question what can i do
the injector return hose goes to the fitting on the filter
what can i do with that hose
can i connect both banks with a 2 end injector cap
any suggestions greatly apperciated
also has any body done some thing with there ip return line

tractorman86

Reaction score
pulled the fitting out of the end of my ip and it is like 1/4" ORB pipe thread will start on it but wont seal, i think ill have the correct fittings monday and be on the road with a rubber line (it'll probably be hyd. but it'll handle anything +more than fuel line will take).

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Time to bring this back from the dead file... That fuel line fitting in the front of the injection pump is...... 1/2z20 national fine thread... Its a machine thread just like any fine thread bolt. I know the 1/4 inch nps fitting ALMOST FITS... But its not the correct thread... The thanks for this inforamtion goes to Mike... Knuckledragger... I was up at his machine shop one day with all my pump fittings and psd filter housing showing him what I was working on..... :angel:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Any good hydraulic hose shop will have anything you want with this thread on it... Just make sure the drilled hole in the fitting is the same size for fuel flow....I bought a jic5 fitting and its way too small for proper fuel flow...:dunno

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
-5o-ring boss to male -6mjic and drill out if needed.

mabc926

Mojo
Reaction score
Me wants to do this -Drool

Along with relocating the fuel filter....Still working on that though.......:smash:

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Or just keep it simple and use -5oring boss to -5 jic fitting on the pump and keep it all -5, that's 5/16, which is the size of your fuel line on the truck ( yes it's 3/8 in a few places, but back at teh tank it goes down to 5/16 so that is the nominal size and it is larger than the ID of the tubing that was on there with the olive setup) and the -5 fitting is redily available from pump shops since it was an optional inlet fitting on some DB2 pumps in different applications ( when I went to the pump shop to ask for a taper fitting to go into our style pump it took the guy a grand total of about three seconds to come up with it, he reached in the drawer and grabbed straight for the thing, so obviously it was a standard interchange.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong for the first time in my life :angel: , BUT, I believe you guys are gonna find that that injector-pump fitting is going to be METRIC 14MM X 1.5

A plain old tapered 1/4-NPT fitting will easily thread into a 14MM hole, but will not easily nor properly seal due to the NPT being tapered, whereas the 14MM metric is straight.

Let me know how this turns out. ;Really

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Killer absolutely killer idea....wonder how difficult it would be to do in some braided stainless my gosh that would look incredible, and same with return lines...but I doubt that could be done simply.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Killer absolutely killer idea....wonder how difficult it would be to do in some braided stainless my gosh that would look incredible, and same with return lines...but I doubt that could be done simply.

Take another look at RSDSL pictures and you will see that he used braided stainless. ;Sweet

RedTruck

Reaction score
I'm not sure what the hubub is here, but I threaded regular 3/8" brass nipple fittings on the back of the IP check valve from a local plumbing supplier and ran a hose. It isn't braided. It isn't stainless. But in a pinch I can replace it with vinyl see through for troubleshooting. It's been working fine. With no leaks.

The braided one is nice looking though.

Paul

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Staff online