Injection pump fuel feed line alternative

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
For those of you who, like me, are sick of having to replace those silly rubber doughnut seals on the feed line to the injection pump, and especially the fuss of having to dig the things out, there is an alternative.

I got to taling to the guy at the pump shop and some other Stanadyne pumps just happened to come with an inlet fitting that had a JIC 5 fitting, so I bought one of those things from them and dropped by the hose shop and grabbed a couple of fittings and hose ends and a chunk of hose and , problem solved ;Sweet

Note, hose orientation coming out of pump is now not sticking straight up as in picture but comes out below that throttle cable bracket at an angle.

--------Robert

You must be registered for see images attach

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Another fine IDI idea with pics..... Now we need a parts list with numbers.... Please....:D

Well...pass me the dinkus award... I forgot to get a part number on the pump fitting cookoo . He just grabbed me one out of the goodie bin. I'll see if I can find the ticket around here , maybe it has the number on it.If not, it will be a while before I go to town again.

The hose parts are regular JIC 5 . I used a JIC5 45deg x 1/4"MIP on the filter outlet then a straight JIC5 hose end, a chunk of hose ( I suppose I COULD measure it:rolleyes: I just made the whole assembly the same length as the original pipe, easier that way than taking hose measurements anyway, that way it takes into account different length ends from different manufacturers ) then a 90 deg JIC5 hose end

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
.. and it may take a while to dig for the ticket, I did this a few weeks ago while finishing up the engine. Just getting time for this sort of thing.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
that looks great im gonna
do the same thing here pretty soon and im going to do that to my ip return line

Last edited:

tractorman86

Reaction score
i sure would like to know what the threads where on the end of the IP i've got all the stuff to make the hose and have good sources for the fittings. heck i could make several up and ship them to you guys prob cheaper than most could build it for themselfs

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
i sure would like to know what the threads where on the end of the IP i've got all the stuff to make the hose and have good sources for the fittings. heck i could make several up and ship them to you guys prob cheaper than most could build it for themselfs

Hey that is a good idea, I'll buy 3!!!;Sweet

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
let me know, i need that for my 6.9. i was dreading finding those rubber o-rings and making lines! the looks like a much cleaner setup too! ;Sweet

-Jon

hahn_rossman

Hahn Rossman
Reaction score
At least on my 1984 both the IP and the filter head are 1/4" pipe. I love JIC fittings, but most places will have 1/4pipe to 3/8" hose barb as well. The 45 degree fitting was necessary to clear the intake on my set up.
Good luck nd good riddance on those weird square orings.

72f2504x4390

Reaction score
Yea, the fitting on my 84 is 1/4"NPT also.

I just changed mine to compression fittings and bent up a piece of 3/8 staiinless tubing. Took maybe 10 minutes and less than $5 for the fittings. Already had the tubing.

I did the same thing from my lift pump to the filter after changing to the newer filter/water seperator