injection line routing diagram need ASAP

truckermark

her names birtha
Reaction score
i had to send my old pump out to get my new one. and these lines are kicking my asscookoo. does anyon ehave a pic or scheatic pleas?!!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
No but I have seen them posted here. I can tell you its easy to fit them back where they belong. Just don't bend them to fit. Start with the bottom lines on the pump. The top line on the left is cylinder number 5. The next line under that line is cylinder number too hard to see on my pictures. The drivers side top line on the pump is cylinder number 6. The firing order is very odd too. Its stamped on the passenger side of the air horn in the intake manifold. Its 1-2-7-3-4-5-6-8. Every cylinder has the number cast into the intake manifold between the bolts that connects it to the cylinder on the heads. Again. Start with the bottom lines on the injection pump because you can't tighten them if you don't have the special wrench designed for it. Its not hard once you get going with some of them. You can easily fit a line to any cylinder and see where it fits best on the injection pump. them remove it and mark it for later install if its near the top. All the cylinders on the drivers side are even numbered from number 2 at the radiator to 8 at the firewall. The passenger side is odd from the radiator number one to the firewall number 7.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
One of these work?
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

gandalf

Reaction score
That last posting was good. I'll include an actual picture of mine. This was when I removed the IP from the engine with the hard lines still attached. I was changing out the IP. The lines should be the same as the previous posting, but may be a slightly different perspective. This shows the actual shape of each line.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the great pics. I feel bad not being able to provide these pics but I just do not have them. On the other hand I do know the firing order and cylinder orientation on the engine. BTW everyone reading. ALL idi engines be it 6.9 or 7.3 have the same firing order and the same cams. Thats kind of nice when searching for parts too.:sly

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well all those that helped are pleased you told us its up and running again. This site trys to help out all those that ask for help no matter what. But to those that ignore those that help and go do something they shouldn't. I say good luck and I'm sure someday you rill be top of the class in the Darwin Awards group.