Ignition Switch Actuator Rod replacement

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
A nut is supposed to go on the center shaft. Looks like the steering wheel is partially pulled off already.
Yeah I know, I pulled it off. My ignition switch actuator rod is broken and I need to replace it.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
I get aggravated when my stuff like this breaks and I don’t have time to fix it!!!
On my ‘90 CCDually my actuation thingie broke several yrs ago, couldn’t start it, got mad at me so I just rigged up another push button for starter.
Turn key on, push my manual button for glow plugs, then push other button for starter and away I go.

LOL LOL I figure with all my extra added buttons and switches and lots and lots of wires under dash…… if my rig ever gets stolen they won’t be able to drive it and get away, and also if they do they’ll just bring it back home out of frustration at all the pounds and pounds of extra wires I’ve run under the dash That or feel sorry for me and my wires!!!! LLO

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Turn key on, push my manual button for glow plugs, then push other button for starter and away I go.
That's what I do too. Technically, I have a self returning toggle switch for the glow plugs, but it's practically the same thing. I'm converting all three of my trucks over to push button start. I'm tired of messing with those stupid rods!
if my rig ever gets stolen they won’t be able to drive it and get away,
That's just an added bonus to the push button start!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tottripp

Members online