If water enters by airfilter, before starting, do what?

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is quite a while since I last used my truck (7,3 IDI 350), and now I see water standing on the cover of my airfilter.
I heard about the danger of hydrolock in the case that water entered the engine.
Now, before I start, what do I do best?
I'm not sure IF there's water in the engine, but better safe then sorry.

Philip1

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First, remove any visible water off the engine, check for water in oil, remove all glowplugs, spin engine by hand a few revolution then with the glowplugs still removed crank the engine with the starter for a few revolutions. If all checks out should be good to go.

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you,
it was quite a while when I was very busy with my F-350, and in the meantime I forgot about this.
It's time again to revive it.

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By all means, what could be the reason the water collects on top of the airfilter?

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most likely your good to cowl seal is cracked or missing. I think they are available new. Google is your friend.

Nice catch by the way. Easier to get the water out of your engine than fixing a bent connecting rod.

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, Still not sure if there is any water in the engine, but just the fact that it was present on the airfilter...

I live in France, and parts for this truck are rare as hens teeth over here, and very expensive if I have to import from the USA, so all reason to be careful!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnlx

Members online